Upvote 0

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read it to make sure it's not in there you have to give up your finds.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, if it's just a liability clause, sign away, give him a big smile, and have fun! Are there really good places to hunt at a factory?? Virtually all factories that I've seen are entirely paved except for landscaping out in front by the street.

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, if it's just a liability clause, sign away, give him a big smile, and have fun! Are there really good places to hunt at a factory?? Virtually all factories that I've seen are entirely paved except for landscaping out in front by the street.

This factory is actually out in the country on several acres of grass. It was built in the early 50's. I was at another factory in the country and cleaned up one little patch with numerous hits. Always pays to check around picnic tables too. Don't forget grassy areas near parking lots. You never know so don't count them out.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked up an agreement that says that I'm on the (owner's) property of my own free will, and accept the responsibility for my own safety and well being as well as being respectful of the property etc.
luvsdux

Aug 11, 2013
Wrightsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Cobra
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was given permission to detect at an old factory but the owner wants me to sign a waiver. I don't mind at all. I think he just doesn't want to be liable if I was to get hurt. The only sort of hurt I ever get is sore muscles and bruised knees :) lol

Our club has a "liability waiver" form that we present to the land owner.
We sign it and they sign it too.
Many times we have found this was the differance in being able to search their property and not.
Once they find out we won't hold them liable to our injuries, or personal property damage they're more than happy to let us search their land.
Plus we always have extra detectors with us, so the land owner and their kids can join in on the search.

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked up an agreement that says that I'm on the (owner's) property of my own free will, and accept the responsibility for my own safety and well being as well as being respectful of the property etc.
luvsdux

Excellent idea, I like it.

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many times we have found this was the differance in being able to search their property and not.
Once they find out we won't hold them liable to our injuries, or personal property damage they're more than happy to let us search their land.
Plus we always have extra detectors with us, so the land owner and their kids can join in on the search.

It makes perfect sense to do that. Not all land owners know the property will be treated with respect and we won't cry wolf if we get hurt but can't say that I've ever heard of someone getting hurt metal detecting but I guess it can happen.
The owner of the factory never mentioned a waiver once I got there today. Oh well :)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I haven't run across an instance where a signed waiver would have made any difference. Can you post a copy of what yours says? Thanks!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is mine, probably the most articulate, not sure what others may have typed up, but it seems to work for me when i can tell the owner is skiddish or brings up that they don't want somebody getting hurt on their property i offer this up to relieve them of any responsibility.

Permission to Metal Detect on Private Property

I, _____________________________________ agree to allow (Your Name Here), to use a metal detector to search for and recover buried coins, relics and other artifacts located on my property at ________________________________. In addition, I offer my service to you. If you or a family member have lost a valuable piece of jewelry or other significant metal object, I am happy to search and find it at no charge or cost to you. It is understood that recovery includes the digging of small holes which will be repaired as nearly as possible to original condition. This permission will remain in effect until such time that it is revoked in writing.

________________________________ (Signature) ______________ (Date)

Liability Waiver Form

In consideration of permission to use a metal detector to search for and recover artifacts on the property located at ___________________________________ and owned by ____________________________ , I, (Insert Name Here), agree to release from all liability for personal injury or property damage that I may suffer as the result of my searching said property. This release is binding and discharges said owner, his or her heirs, executors, administrators, from all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon, or by reason of any damage, loss, injury which I may sustain while engaged in metal detecting on the owner’s property.

______________________________(Signature)_________________(Date)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Looks good to me.

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is mine, probably the most articulate, not sure what others may have typed up, but it seems to work for me when i can tell the owner is skiddish or brings up that they don't want somebody getting hurt on their property i offer this up to relieve them of any responsibility.

Permission to Metal Detect on Private Property

I, _____________________________________ agree to allow (Your Name Here), to use a metal detector to search for and recover buried coins, relics and other artifacts located on my property at ________________________________. In addition, I offer my service to you. If you or a family member have lost a valuable piece of jewelry or other significant metal object, I am happy to search and find it at no charge or cost to you. It is understood that recovery includes the digging of small holes which will be repaired as nearly as possible to original condition. This permission will remain in effect until such time that it is revoked in writing.

________________________________ (Signature) ______________ (Date)

Liability Waiver Form

In consideration of permission to use a metal detector to search for and recover artifacts on the property located at ___________________________________ and owned by ____________________________ , I, (Insert Name Here), agree to release from all liability for personal injury or property damage that I may suffer as the result of my searching said property. This release is binding and discharges said owner, his or her heirs, executors, administrators, from all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon, or by reason of any damage, loss, injury which I may sustain while engaged in metal detecting on the owner’s property.

______________________________(Signature)_________________(Date)

I agree, looks pretty good and should do fine. Thanks !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread