I need some advice on next weekends digs.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some advice on next weekend's digs.

Hi everyone

Next weekend I'm driving to my grandparent's house in southern Ohio and plan to metal detect their 65 acre farm and some nearby schoolyards. The house has a very trashed 1890s house on the property as well as a creek running through the entire thing.

The problem is, I've probably fired off 5000 .22 shells on this property in my lifetime so the things have got to be just EVERYWHERE. How should I go about detecting in a place like this? I shot them all over the property at random things as a kid and now I'm afraid that it might ruin my awesome metal detecting opportunity there.

How can I handle this? I'm using a White's Spectrum XLT but also have a Fisher F2.

Upvote 0

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
u are going to have to get all the pulltabs I mean shell casings. Theres probably some nice relics there. I wouldnt discriminate the area get it all.

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least they don't care if I dig up their yard good lol.

Here is a picture of the house by the way. IMG_20130315_172701_075.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you start finding a bunch of those .22 shells, use the learn reject feature on the XLT. It will then discriminate just the number that those come up at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread