Need a good belt suggestion

cusedpjd

Jun 4, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When out detecting, I have been using my work belt but it is really too thin to hold onto my supplies which I keep in a pouch that latches to the belt. The result is that the supplies are dipping forwards. They don't fall out but it's close and does not feel right. I went to the mall tonight but mostly found other thin dress belts. Any good ideas for where I can get a sturdier belt to meet my needs and what kind of belt I should get if there is a specific type? Thanks

Upvote 0

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to a store that carries work supplies. You'll find very wide belts that you can buy or make different pouches to.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a belt for chest high fishing waders. You can find one at a sporting/ fishing store for around $5. They are 'slip fit' no notches so you can adjust as desired

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other places I've seen some wide belts......military surplus, Sporting goods stores, dive shops, gun/hunting stores.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I am getting my family into detecting, and realized the need for the necessary pouches, tools and belts. I have a nice leather bag that hangs on a belt, but only one and there are 4 of us now.

I am a do-it-yourselfer, so I bough a tanned cowhide, and a few hand tools and will be making pouches, sheaths, and anythign else that I need. Pretty simple to do and a neat new skill.

I always try and teach my kids to think about this before rushing off and buying what you need.

The hide is over 20 square feet amd was 80 bucks delivered.

Even has a brand on it! Cool.....

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cusedpjd!! I use a diver's belt made for ballast weights!! Light, strong and has a quick release buckle, easy to take off without dropping all of your gear!! Any diving store will have them!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you keep them extra long so you can wear them with a coat on...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions