If you will own 3 detectors... which ones would you buy and why?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With money as no object, I think I'd go with a Minelab trio of an Excalibur, A CTX3030, and a GPX5000. It's hard to beat the success they are having.

OP
OP
F

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With money as no object, I think I'd go with a Minelab trio of an Excalibur, A CTX3030, and a GPX5000. It's hard to beat the success they are having.

the first response we get and it's a hard trio to beat... anyone wanna up the ante?

OP
OP
F

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
I am thinking XP Deus, Excalibur but I cannot decide on the last one... maybe a PI - Whites Dualfield?

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a White's guy, so I would get a V3i for land hunting, A BeachHunter 300 for the fresh water lakes and a PI Surfmaster Dual field for the salt water.

OP
OP
F

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
I am a White's guy, so I would get a V3i for land hunting, A BeachHunter 300 for the fresh water lakes and a PI Surfmaster Dual field for the salt water.

So, minelab and whites both have a trinity trio... Any Garrett guy chiming in with a trio set as well?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Just because detectors cost more doesn't mean your results will be better.

Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Tiger Shark and an XP Deus. I picked one high price detector since it's the only one that has my attention.

If I were in the Outback nugget hunting that's when a high price detector shines. Then I'd switch the Deus for a Minelab GPX 5000.

OP
OP
F

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
Just because detectors cost more doesn't mean your results will be better.

Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Tiger Shark and an XP Deus. I picked one high price detector since it's the only one that has my attention.

If I were in the Outback nugget hunting that's when a high price detector shines. Then I'd switch the Deus for a Minelab GPX 5000.

Very true indeed... But I guess everyone has their dream set of detectors they'd like to own.. :)

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive had good luck with my at pro, etrac, and the excel, I usually use the at pro first at parks, school yards etc, because I can work it faster but will switch to the etrac for the deeper stuff and clean up, and I like to use the etrac on the wet and dry sand beaches and the excel when I head into the surf, HH

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost any old Compass, an old Fisher, (CZ series or 1266X) and any Nautilus.

Don't expect anyone else to list these three!

Cheers,
Dave.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I were forced to reduce my number of detectors to three, it would be very difficult.
At first, I thought I'd keep my TDI, DFX, and Surf PI.
But then I thought about how much I enjoy my XL Pro and Beach Hunter, so maybe keep my DFX, XL Pro, and Beach Hunter, but which BHID, the 950 or 300? Each has it's strengths.
For the monster depth capabilities, I guess I'd have to stick with the TDI and Surf Master PI, which leaves the DFX for those days I am feeling lazy and want to discriminate.
Fortunately, I get to keep all of them. :laughing7:

OP
OP
F

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
If I were forced to reduce my number of detectors to three, it would be very difficult.
At first, I thought I'd keep my TDI, DFX, and Surf PI.
But then I thought about how much I enjoy my XL Pro and Beach Hunter, so maybe keep my DFX, XL Pro, and Beach Hunter, but which BHID, the 950 or 300? Each has it's strengths.
For the monster depth capabilities, I guess I'd have to stick with the TDI and Surf Master PI, which leaves the DFX for those days I am feeling lazy and want to discriminate.
Fortunately, I get to keep all of them. :laughing7:

Wow! Wahahaha... Nice!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll put an AT Pro on my list. It's to versatile and works to well not to be on my list. As for the other two...dunno. I have a calibrated CZ-3D coming so we'll see how I like that one. Won't be a Deus or an Etrac!

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To hard of a decision right now, but the three I would like to try are the F75, T2 and CTX3030!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I really need four. The three that I currently have, Xterra is my coin shooter, Vaquero for relics, Tiger Shark for fresh water, and I'd add an Excalibur for salt water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions