New.. New.. New

85royalx

Aug 28, 2013
Hello from Wichita KS.. I just inherited a Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX from my mom who used it twice maybe.. Any ways work a short shift tomorrow and Sat so I will take it out then and give it a shot.. Tips, tricks, info or pointers for a complete new guy? Honestly if I get out in the fresh air and just have fun walking around I'll be happy.. Thanks every one in advance

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
I notice this is your very first post. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Kansas for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well ur on the right track u have come to the best online forum out there, there are lots of awesome people here willing to go the extra mile and help with others if they have question etc great place as tips tricks etc, swing low and slow overlaping ur coil swings a little so that u wont miss those good targets, practice digging plugs so when u venture out to the park or somewhere that has grass u can retreive the item as skilled as u can without killing the grass make it look like u werent there. if u decide u do like the hobby i would suggest investing in a decent digger mayb something seraded so it cuts right threw the ground or roots nicly ur local lowes oe homedepot o even seen fiskars tools at walmart the other day. then a treasure pouch to put ur items in both good and trash make sure if u dig it, u take it trash or treasure makes u look good aswell, also u will want to look into getting urself a decent pinpointer it will help in the recovery time by far and will help when targets are very small or damaging that great coin or ring get what u can afford even some headphones if u dont have will help in hearing those faint deep targets by cutting out the outside noise allowing u to hear whats going on with ur machine. the most of all have fun

OP
OP

85royalx

Aug 28, 2013
I work a local Ace Hardware and got a hand spade been looking at a hip bag with a spade combo on the good old EBay .. Starting slow and simi cost effective as I have a free MD I may up grade in the future.. I just hope to have fun walking around getting some fresh air and exercise..

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U will have fun especially ur machine was free so ur just walkin around swinging it collecting clad lol

OP
OP

85royalx

Aug 28, 2013
Got two little finds my first night out a piece of siding tin and a old measuring spoon the mosquito's drove me in doors tonight

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PATIENCE!

You will learn more every day. Since you want to be cost effective in your shopping. You already work where they sell the best waist pouch in town. A nail apron works just great and holds quite a bit too. All coins go in my front poscet and the rest into the apron. When the apron gets full, I dump it in my truck bed and the rain cleans it for me.

My brother and nephew are relatively new to this hobby too. And in your part of the world.

Good luck!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

OP
OP

85royalx

Aug 28, 2013
Would have stayed out a little longer but them dang ol' mosquitoes was eating me alive.. I have come to a fast conclusion this is a long pants hobby small rocks and grass clumps hurt knees.. Going out again tomorrow night after diner and sat afternoon' if the heat stays under 100
I believe a pin pointer is going to be my first big money investment. I can see where that little device is handy.. Any tips on spade work keeping the dirt, back filling, I seemed to have trouble digging I may just be that out of shape..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread