Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been reading the threads and watching the videos for quite awhile. I currently use a 1266X and I have no issues with it other than it's a 92 model and it's seen plenty of use. What I'm looking for is a detector with two-tone, target seperation in iron, and deep for relics. The detectors I've been leaning toward are the Deeptech Gold, Blisstool v3, Tesoro Tejon and XP Deus. From all the videos I've watched the Gold seems to work great even for relics and could also be used for the sandy beach. I'll be buying a dedicated water detector next spring. I know the Blisstools require a learning curve but that's doable if it would be worth getting. There are some good deals on them used but I also have no problem buying new. The Deus I'm not so excited about but would consider if need be. Now I ask for your thoughts. I plan to pass the 1266X on to my kids to use as they have taken an interest lately.
Thanks in advance for you replies.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The E-trac and CTX 3030 both have a 2,4, and multi-tone option also. You get one with a big coil and you can get some serious depth with them too.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been reading the threads and watching the videos for quite awhile. I currently use a 1266X and I have no issues with it other than it's a 92 model and it's seen plenty of use. What I'm looking for is a detector with two-tone, target seperation in iron, and deep for relics. The detectors I've been leaning toward are the Deeptech Gold, Blisstool v3, Tesoro Tejon and XP Deus. From all the videos I've watched the Gold seems to work great even for relics and could also be used for the sandy beach. I'll be buying a dedicated water detector next spring. I know the Blisstools require a learning curve but that's doable if it would be worth getting. There are some good deals on them used but I also have no problem buying new. The Deus I'm not so excited about but would consider if need be. Now I ask for your thoughts. I plan to pass the 1266X on to my kids to use as they have taken an interest lately.
Thanks in advance for you replies.
The Tesoro and blisstool are single tone. Another to consider is the t2se it seems to dominate the grand national relic hunt last few years, can be ran in 1 tone ,2+, 3, 4, or delta pitch and seems plenty deep.

OP
OP
H

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I need to broaden my list again. I'm open to all suggestions.
Thanks,

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Tejon is the best bang for your buck.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
F70 is where you wanna go. F5 is killer too or go whole hog with the 75 if you think you can handle it. I say stick with a Fisher you cant go wrong. Atpro is killer too. Blisstool Smishtool, you are not going to go there I guarantee it so fuggetaboudit.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my vote would be more towards the deus i also use a whites v3i that i have in my arsenal that is very versital but the deus u cant go wrong very light,nowires at all quickest responce folds down to nothing and it will hit on anything u throw at it. the v3i has a pretty decent learnig curve but if i get it it can become a crazy machine to have on ur side good luck

OP
OP
H

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've read so much and watched so many you-tube videos that I've got a headache. I keep going back to the DeepTech Vista Gold. It just seems to outperform in the comparison tests plus it will get that small gold even in iron. I'm thinking it would be ideal around old homesteads. I'm curious as to what Garretts new machine is going to be. If it's a step up from the AT Pro it might be worth waiting for although I really don't want to wait until the fall to make a purchase but I also don't want to rush and make a hasty decision/purchase and then regret it. I do appreciate everyone who has taken the time to respond. I'll keep reading your responses and researching/comparing machines. Hopefully this headache will ease a bit :)

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Gery. The headache only goes away when you dig silver :wink:

Those are all good choices, I personally like the E-trac and F75LTD/SE. As others have said, you can set it for two tone if that is your preference. A lot of guys like two tone ferrous on the E-trac.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gery.
The DeepTech GOLD will perform for you well in exactly all the situations you desire. The 2 tone feature with the adjustable iron tone volume control is sweet.
The new Garrett is a PI machine - that's comparing apples to all the other oranges you are looking at.

I've read so much and watched so many you-tube videos that I've got a headache. I keep going back to the DeepTech Vista Gold. It just seems to outperform in the comparison tests plus it will get that small gold even in iron. I'm thinking it would be ideal around old homesteads. I'm curious as to what Garretts new machine is going to be. If it's a step up from the AT Pro it might be worth waiting for although I really don't want to wait until the fall to make a purchase but I also don't want to rush and make a hasty decision/purchase and then regret it. I do appreciate everyone who has taken the time to respond. I'll keep reading your responses and researching/comparing machines. Hopefully this headache will ease a bit :)

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you wanting it for primarily coins or relics? If coins go with a CTX 3030 or etrac. If relics go with the Tejon, blisstool, or other...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you have read, there are lots of opinions about detectors. Do yourself a favor and before you invest do a road trip or two to a Detector shop and try out the ones you are the most interested in. Weight, feel, and sound make a huge difference in whether you will love your detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread