Non lingo guy. Needs help buying machine

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ok I'm looking for a machine in the 200-300 dollar range. I've watched videos, read posts but haven't talked to anyone. See I'm a cisual and hearing type person, which means reading and watching videos with no hands on and no way to ask anything. So ill break it down in a list of what I want to do and if you guys could let me know what machine be best for my money. I've been using a display less md right now but it has one tone, no depth and kinda flimsy.
1. Coin hunting
2.depth
3.durability
4. Some relic hunting
5. A display of depth and object
The whole discrimination thing and all the tones I don't understand, like I said I can't picture something if I don't understand what it does. A bunch of technical terms don't help either. If anyone would like to get toghter and show me what the bells and whistles are it would be great and much appreciated. Again thank you for your time

Upvote 0

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Fisher F2 is a good machine under $300 and comes in I think 3 or 4 different packages from $200 - $300.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Look for a good machine that has adjustable gb, some have auto gb. You want at least a notch scrim unit and dont forget adjustable sense. Please dont by one without pp. You almost cant live without multi tone but you can try. Try to get one that has decent recovery.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with that budget id lean towards the full f2 package or u could check out the online auctions and maybe get a mid level detector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread