Dig Fellas airs on Travel channel Sept 4th at 8.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you must not have seen them on YouTube, the high voice thing is drastically toned down from that on the TV show.

I did notice they seemed to get a lot of shallow finds. He wasn't in the water for very long either, I'm not sure if I remember him even swinging the MD?

I'll still watch it but I feel Diggers is better entertainment for me.
no I tried to watch 2 Vids on Utube recently,
But the "YipYipYip" like little chihooahooa dogs went on so long. I just blocked it out
& gave up on them.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, does anyone hunt with people who act like this?? Maybe if you take your 6 year old grandkid on their first hunt where they find a zinc cent and they act like they found the holy grail. You'd think with their experience and previous nice finds, that digging up scrap metal wouldn't be a "oh my god, it could have belonged to so and so" moment every single time. It seemed strange to me that given all the areas they hunted, that they found so little (although some very large items) and they didn't find even one coin?? They would find a couple of items and then jump over to a new spot. They didn't look to me like they were gridding or had any sort of search plan. It would also have been nice to explain that they had permission to hunt all those areas or that those area were open for hunting. I'm sure those sites will get others wanting to hunt them and those people will assume you can just show up and do it. I still rank Dig Wars higher than this one but that isn't saying much. Can't we get a show where people act normal or is that too boring for today's tv public? The stated value of the dug items still looks overinflated to me. I can't believe anyone would pay half what they say some of that stuff is worth.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I watched last night and thought they were just about as silly as the other two. One of 'em keep doing the Howard Deanscream,lol!I'll still keep watching though.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I just only recorded the first two bc that's all I'm watching. how r these two professionals when they dig a hole and sit there swipping hand fulls of dirt over the coil. It called a pro pointer buy one!!! I'm telling u these shows giving these over inflated prices r gonna kill this hobby.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they would be more serious, I don't find grown men acting like fools entertaining.There is so much to this hobby that is interesting and can be factual and entertaining as well. When the guys and girls of Gold Fever do some metal detecting they don't act like jerks and it works fine. The new show does nothing for me.
Jim

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they would be more serious, I don't find grown men acting like fools entertaining.There is so much to this hobby that is interesting and can be factual and entertaining as well. When the guys and girls of Gold Fever do some metal detecting they don't act like jerks and it works fine. The new show does nothing for me.
Jim

Ive watched so many youtube videos of people that dnt act like dopes. That are entertaining too

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I just only recorded the first two bc that's all I'm watching. how r these two professionals when they dig a hole and sit there swipping hand fulls of dirt over the coil. It called a pro pointer buy one!!! I'm telling u these shows giving these over inflated prices r gonna kill this hobby.

I'm guessing they are not allowed to use a
pointer because it is not manufactured by Tesero

But just a guess

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda wondered that too but the one guy was using an at pro

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Watched both shows last night ,I think Bill and Howard are trying to do the impossible. Making a realistic show about detecting in 30 minutes .Don't know bill but his reputation as one of best in New England is well know .I have detected with Howard many times over the years and can say he is one of the nicest people you could every meet and he has a great skill with a detector .Between the two of them they have found things most can only dream about. Just remember it's only a tv show

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched both shows last night ,I think Bill and Howard are trying to do the impossible. Making a realistic show about detecting in 30 minutes .Don't know bill but his reputation as one of best in New England is well know .I have detected with Howard many times over the years and can say he is one of the nicest people you could every meet and he has a great skill with a detector .Between the two of them they have found things most can only dream about. Just remember it's only a tv show

yes I Heard good things about them, as far as their rep,
which is why it bothered me so much to be so direct on my opinion of what I've seen
& heard on their Show.
But I had to be honest, Even if it doesn't matter to Production.

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
"Howad" This will be my only post on this show, as I probably will file it with Boom Baby, And I fear I'm going to get out of Line with my comments :( Sorry Guys :sadsmiley:

Yes "Howad" I don't wish to sound judgmental on accents,
I can handle the accents just fine. I call them Hor-Shoes myself "Howad", But can't travel channel Lower the Tones
of their voices to more Base ? On occasion it sounds Normal, But The High Squeaky voice Tones
turn me off. , Maybe it was just Nervous tones "Howad" :dontknow: I understand it may have been
your first acting part on tv, BUT "Howad" if I hear one more High Pitched "Howad" :tongue3:

what was the TV show with the Old Lady always Yelling "Howad" ? exact same tone.

also what is it with everything being just under the surface "Howad" ? & a Gun while doing a show
on billy the kid "Howad" ? Bottle on the surface that looked shot while doing a show on Billy the Kid ?
Can you say "possible Plants" ? "Howard" ?

Last comment , Are they connected at the Hip ? were they ever more then 3 feet apart ? ??? travel channel only supply one Camera ? both afraid the other will get more on air time ? need to smell each other while detecting ? seriously, if there is going to be tears
and "the way we were" playing in the backround if you's get out of site of each other, Don't do it :o

Please let me know if next weeks shows improve, perhaps I'll try to catch them on Reruns if someone says they Calmed down. If not, I'll wait for next seasons "Diggers" & that other show with the 3 teams, for my TV Fix.

If not, I'll stick to enjoying your articles in W&E Treasures Howard & Bill :thumbsup:

That would be MRS CUNNINGHAM on HAPPY DAYS...... "HOWWWWWWWAAAAAAAD"

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the show was OK. Not great, just OK, but I don't know if I can handle that nasal accent.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am so sick of yaaaa every time they find something even a toilet seat .

As if we dnt look crazy as it is. They put these idiots on tv acting like mental patients. Yea its really helpin our hobby.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I watched both episodes last night and it's a shame Bill & Howard were at the mercy of the producers having to jump from site to site like they did.
As almost all of us know, you could spend an entire day hunting just a 1-acre parcel of ground. . . and that's after it's mowed.

I also wish that all these shows in general would stop putting $$ price-tags on the recoveries. . . heck, I'm as happy as hell when I find a pot-metal CrackerJack prize.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be MRS CUNNINGHAM on HAPPY DAYS...... "HOWWWWWWWAAAAAAAD"

I'm not so sure . Been a long time since I saw happy days, but I'm pretty sure she pronounced the R

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found it. he sounds like Howard's Mom on Big Bang

and Arnold Horshack

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions