Some Finds Guns, Gold and Military
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Some Finds Guns, Gold and Military

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Bucky

    Dec 2005
    NY
    E Track, Fisher 6a
    112
    165 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Some Finds Guns, Gold and Military

    Some stuff I found over the years. Some I posted here others are new. The gold coin is a 1878 Five dollar, top right gun barrels were found at old foundations, Cane Head is the rare one 1888 Republic with Harrison and next to that is a Harrison Rosette with his picture over glass. 1812 belt plate and French and Indian war gun Ids with Troop and gun numbers. Pistols breached 32 and a 38 policemen gun so I am told. The gun had a chain attached to the gun butt. Spanish Cob and 1560 English Penny with hole . Sorry I cant turn the picture around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130825_192623_405.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	788.0 KB 
ID:	855424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130825_192620_952.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	827.8 KB 
ID:	855425  

  2. #2
    us
    Jun 2013
    SW Idaho
    Garrett GTAX750
    76
    27 times
    Metal Detecting

    Here you go...

    Really nice finds! We are going out as soon as the state stops burning.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	810.3 KB 
ID:	855430
    swamp yankee likes this.

  3. #3
    us
    Adventure1

    Jan 2013
    North central Pa.
    Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
    2,488
    949 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Really cool finds thanks for sharing..
    God made man.. Sam Colt made them equal

  4. #4
    us
    Chris

    May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    14,000
    19996 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    That is a very NICE display,thanks for the look. GodBless Chris
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

    ​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

    When we come into the world we take on the identity of those who are more powerful than us.

  5. #5
    us
    Commodore

    Mar 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
    869
    421 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Would love to find an old gun like that!

  6. #6
    us
    Bill Jones

    May 2007
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Multiple Tesoros and Whites
    1,767
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Neat finds
    luvsdux

  7. #7
    us
    Jan 2013
    Tucson, Arizona
    Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
    250
    37 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1805 View Post
    Some stuff I found over the years. Some I posted here others are new. The gold coin is a 1878 Five dollar, top right gun barrels were found at old foundations, Cane Head is the rare one 1888 Republic with Harrison and next to that is a Harrison Rosette with his picture over glass. 1812 belt plate and French and Indian war gun Ids with Troop and gun numbers. Pistols breached 32 and a 38 policemen gun so I am told. The gun had a chain attached to the gun butt. Spanish Cob and 1560 English Penny with hole . Sorry I cant turn the picture around.
    Hunter 1805, where do you live. Your finds look well preserved. Dry climate?

  8. #8
    us
    Jan 2013
    fayette county wv
    Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
    2,960
    672 times
    Metal Detecting
    nice finds congrats HH

  9. #9
    us
    Aug 2012
    North Georgia
    Various depends on the need at the moment
    560
    350 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
    Really nice finds! We are going out as soon as the state stops burning.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	810.3 KB 
ID:	855430
    I would venture to put the larger as a Colt either 1917 0r new service 1903

  10. #10
    ec
    May 2013
    Ecuador, America
    1,611
    2369 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Very cool stuff....

  11. #11
    us
    Bucky

    Dec 2005
    NY
    E Track, Fisher 6a
    112
    165 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucson Dan View Post
    Hunter 1805, where do you live. Your finds look well preserved. Dry climate?
    Just the opposite the finds here come from moist soils and then they dry out and look like as you see them. Also any help on the guys as to dates please comment and let me now. The two barrels top right are 1820 and 1840 boot pistol and cannon gun.

  12. #12

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    13,667
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    reply

    hunter1805, nice shadow box display of. Sort of conjurs up the "wild west" Thanx for sharing.

  13. #13
    us
    Jan 2013
    Tucson, Arizona
    Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
    250
    37 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1805 View Post
    Just the opposite the finds here come from moist soils and then they dry out and look like as you see them. Also any help on the guys as to dates please comment and let me now. The two barrels top right are 1820 and 1840 boot pistol and cannon gun.
    Those are great finds. Still looking for the "wild west" relics here in AZ. I have a lifetime to search them out. Great finds Hunter1805. Keep the pics coming.

  14. #14

    Jun 2013
    gloucester mass
    AT PRO and pro pointer
    287
    65 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    that's some great finds i hope i find half of that in my life time. congrats

  15. #15
    us
    Bucky

    Dec 2005
    NY
    E Track, Fisher 6a
    112
    165 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks for your comments .. Jim

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Colorado Gold Slinger Guns Down Three!
    By M-Taliesin in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2010, 01:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 21, 2010, 08:59 AM
  3. KGC (God, guns and gold) -- Silver
    By KGC4Dixie in forum KGC
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 23, 2010, 09:51 AM
  4. Guns gold and Gators
    By texan connection in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2009, 07:58 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2007, 08:51 PM

Search tags for this page

gold military guns
,

metal detecting gun finds

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0