where to hunt in e.tn

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... why is hunting not permitted in Cove Lake State Park?

Where are you reading/seeing that you can't? I just looked through the Cove state park website, and even on to the link it gives for a more complete listing of the rules. I see nothing that *specifically* says "no metal detectors". So where are you getting your information?

What I DO see however (for example on this page: http://www.tn.gov/sos/rules/0400/0400-02/0400-02-09.pdf ) is stuff about cultural heritage, blah blah. Ok, fine, then just detector for modern things, eh?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

thanx for the link. Interesting. Well I hope no one in CA ever goes "frequently asking" that question, lest something similar to that show up on the CA state park's website. It's a grey area only covered by ancillary stuff if you tried hard enough, like "collecting" or "disturbing" or "cultural heritage". But nothing specific like that. However, if enough people went asking for clarification, then some desk-bound genius might decide it's "ask frequently enough" to merit a slot on the FAQ page. In fact, I bet that is how it got on TN's FAQ page too. Gee, aren't you glad people asked? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread