Middle Ga lookin for Metal Detecting Places

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KeepOnPushing, you probably haven't gotten a response due to one big factor. Almost everyone will agree that that is the biggest obstacle we all face. If a person is finding some really old coins and a good amount of silver they won't even tell their Mother where it is. Those places are few and far between. Most of the obvious common places like schools and parks are targeted by many and still give some good finds but not often old coins as the have been hunted to death. Still see where a few do really well though. The laws vary from place to place on what is allowed. Really old homes and obvious places like that have been hunted to death if they will grant permission. But......... the hunters usually miss stuff. Most of the successful folks hunting do tons of research to find where the old schools, fairgrounds, swimming holes, battle sites, camp sites, and less obvious places were. Still a lot of good hunting in yards in the old historic sections of some towns. Just a matter of knocking on the door and asking. One of the most important things is to leave the yard as you found it. If you haven't already learned how, there are ways to dig coins and relics that do very little to disturb the lawn. A shoddy job of cutting plugs or not covering your holes and no one will ever get to hunt the home again or even the neighbors. Learn how. Think there are some vids on YouTube. Welcome to Tnet and good luck.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Clay Fisher2

Jul 20, 2013
Middle GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the World of Dirt Fishing and TNet! TNGUNS is pretty spot on with the good advice. I'm from Middle GA as well and have not seen many folks from our area on the city/state. Not to say there are none on TNet, they just probably don't realize there is a state forum. I'm started MD'ng this year and started out practicing in my yard and to get to know my Fisher F2. I ventured out to a couple of local elementary school play grounds. Make sure you only go when school is out, though. Local city or county parks, camping areas or walking trails are good places to check. It may be helpful to do an internet search like Google for your city or nearby towns to see if there were any civil war battles or troops going through. You would be surprised to learn there may have been activity in your neck of the woods! Old homestead ruins are great to explore. I asked permission to dig around an old farm house near me and I am having a great time digging all sorts of stuff from horse shoes to model T parts! I'm digging up loads of rusty iron because I dig everything, dont want to miss that One Thing! Good Luck Cuz and Happy Digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread