New guy getting the hang of things.

JBD1093

Sep 5, 2013
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted most of this story in my introduction thread, I'll be going a bit more into detail here. So I've had my detector for a almost two years now. It's a bounty hunter tracker IV. I detected a bit when I first got it, and I wasn't very successful so I kinda gave up. I found this site then too. I've lurked this site ever since.

Earlier this year a customer at the store I work at came in and we somehow got talking about metal detecting. He is retired and really enjoys his time detecting. I told him about my small experience and he told me I should get back out there. So I promised him I would.

A few months ago, my girlfriend and my roommates all went out to the beach(we live in Pensacola, FL) and detected for a few hours. I found a titanium carbide ring. 20130908_220341.jpg 20130908_220353.jpg It was really cool and exciting. I was hooked. Then I had a two month setback. I tripped in a hole at work and dislocated my kneecap. So until last week I havn't been able to detect.

Last week I decided to start detecting some local parks around my house. We probably have about fifteen or so parks within ten minutes of my house. Again I took my girlfriend and my roommates. Searching three parks so far we have found about $0.71, two rings(nothing special), two earrings(again nothing special), and to me the most interesting find was two 9 mm bullet casings right next to each other. Made us think something crazy went down in that park. 20130908_220452.jpg My girlfriend and I spent this evening driving around town to find more parks to search.

So with all this excitement and me reading these forums just about non stop, my girlfriend and I have decided we want to upgrade. She and I both really really want to start detecting while snorkeling. We decided on the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. So our plan is that since temperatures are going to be dropping lower sooner, we are going to save up till next fall for it. We have a pretty tight budget right now so it wouldn't come soon anyways. I also really want to find a local club or something here. Learn from people more experienced than we are. She is so excited she now wants to read all the threads on this forum.

So that's my story. I am really excited to be here and be a part of this place.

Attachments

• 20130908_220442.jpg
    20130908_220442.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0

New Seeker

Greenie
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post! Interesting finds. I have also suffered a MD ing hiatus. Will be getting back into it as soon as I can get things lined up. I am in Texas (DFW area). I hunted a tot lot and found about $0.35 in clad!! Keep swinging the detector and good luck on finding the where-with-all to upgrade. I hear water hunting is the wave of the future!!

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a ring just like yours. The inner band on mine is sterling silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread