Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only watched one of the two that were on last night and came to my own opinion... The show is not half bad, the talent is whoa full. These all were produced together so I doubt they said "Let's cut back on Howawd" last week and now there's less. I find the basics of the show decent and actually like it but, in Travel Channels attempt to make the show more legit buy using veteran diggers, they've chosen a couple guys that just aren't cut out for prime time. They over act every thing from the over-hyped "where going here, whoaaaaa" to their reaction to finding stuff. I can watch the other guys all day but not these two. Put a couple guys in there that can act, a little, and it would be a decent show. My $0.02.

Last edited:

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the shows for the most part. Nice finds on the last one.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find all these shows lacking substance. I always tell folks I am looking for Pancho Villa's last bullet. Doesnt make it a true statement. No research equal no search as far as Im concerned. These guys tried to put some context into the finds, but it just didnt work. 30 plus years of experience and not one trick or tip for the rest of us? The New England accent does not bother me as I lived a few years up there and really liked the people there. I would like to see more digging in these shows. I watch all the digger shows. Beats raking turds, and better than anything I have posted on YouTube. I would love to have a go at the places these guys go. Have to admit, any digging is better than no digging at all. You never see the guys find a hornets nest, or fall into a old cellar, or have kids come up and step on their coils or dig in the holes as they try to recover a target. Deep Digger Dan has made some excellent videos and very entertaining. He got into e begging and I quit watching him. I think bill has more personality than most. The show would do better if it was just him, and he could explain stuff as he detects. We have to teach him to talk and dig at the same time lol.

ModernDayWarrior

Nov 29, 2005
Palestine Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy the show. Bill Ladd has been doing videos for a while. He did one called saving history new England a while back. These guys were acting like that before the show ever was thought of.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWWAWWD look at this...HOWWAWWD come here...HOWWAWWD what is this...HOWWWAWWWD!!!!!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWWAWWD look at this...HOWWAWWD come here...HOWWAWWD what is this...HOWWWAWWWD!!!!!!

Reminds me of the dialect I hear in a certain restaurant in Ormond by the Sea. The special is fried cod or haddock. I'm looking for grouper or snapper, and these witness protection sounding "folks" are raging about the cod! Too funny. I'll take those mangroves you had over a haddock anytime!

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.... it..... just .... keeps....getting.....worse.

Ghost Mine for the win.

dnewbury2

Mar 20, 2004
Cherokee, AL, Occupied C.S.A.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Tesoro Golden Sabre and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw the thread title Dig Fellas Wed at 8pm I thought it was about same sex marriage!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last night my husband and I watched and he said the dark haired guy was like Crazy Guggenheim.i was just annoyed at how they practically took an ice pick to the dirt.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping some of the sponsors will read this.... I watched long enough to see who was sponsoring the show. I made note of them (they were actually more interesting than the show) so I'll remember who not to patronize!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a couple threads about these guys and the usual comment is about Bill's accent. I honestly can not stand it, its right up there with a dental drill. One weird thing is when tweedle dee and tweedle dum actually find something you hear them say ok well lets check area 2 and move quickly there--id be like umm no I will hang here for a few and you can go jump to unproven ground. The other thing that honestly ticked me off was their show looking for Zorro's artifacts-when Bill did that stupid zorro swing of his shovel and slammed it into the ground over and over, Bill knows you can damage stuff like that and for him to act like that shows he is immature and doesn't think far enough ahead that his action could make someone out there want to do the same thing thinking this is ok or how its done. I like how they include the historical side of the finds and how they give a brief history lesson on things,that to me is very important because metal detecting isn't about making a quick buck. I am thinking the next time I watch it, that's if I do--to watch it in Spanish and see if they translate it and use his scraping chalkboard accent,that would be funny.

mr_rich

Aug 21, 2013
Ormond Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the dialect I hear in a certain restaurant in Ormond by the Sea. The special is fried cod or haddock. I'm looking for grouper or snapper, and these witness protection sounding "folks" are raging about the cod! Too funny. I'll take those mangroves you had over a haddock anytime!

I think I know the one your talking about.

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
The ONLY reason i will watch tonight is because LSU isnt playing or any other college game on tv lol and i already like MD'ing.... These guys might be helping us out by keeping the newbies to a minimum lol, although I wouldnt mind a hunting partner here in sw la.

jjasper25

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all new to this and detecting i found these yesterday and wanted to share. Is there anybody know the date this cross could be made? It says mh silver on it?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130918_112539.png
    ForumRunner_20130918_112539.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20130918_112554.png
    ForumRunner_20130918_112554.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 100

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread