Dont give up!

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't give up!

The other day I went casual metal detecting in my front yard which I was sure to have hunted out. I only wanted the serenity of finding a target and digging it up so I pinpointed two signals and begun the excavating.
The first was no surprise; a half dulled, half shiny memorial penny. However when I was digging up the second target, I was surprised at how deep and old it looked. It had the nice greenish brownish tone that one would expect to find on any kind of dated coin. Upon further inspection, my mouth dropped... A 1951 wheat penny! (I know some of you don't think much of wheat pennies but to me they are pretty rare and exciting).
So for the rest of that day I was carrying my penny around with me, chin up and smirk on my face. I did not expect to have missed a coin like that. If only it was silver, then I would have been screaming through the neighborhood because I have not found a glimpse of silver yet. Still hunting and not giving up!

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fish_hooked.gif
Oh my - you are completely hooked Stuetzel!
killingme.gif

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did the same thing, found a'53 wheatie--I love wheats!!!

OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I remember each of my firsts, still waiting on that yellow coin after 30+ years, but I'll never give up.
Grats on your first wheatie!

Mike

No I have found a wheatie in my backyard before but the thing is that I thought for sure I had picked everything up. This came as a huge surprise!

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I have found a wheatie in my backyard before but the thing is that I thought for sure I had picked everything up. This came as a huge surprise!

Every time i change my settings i find new stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread