should i do this ?

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking hard about trading one of my at pro's for a tek t2 or g2 . would it be a good move ? if you have any experience with these machines what do you think. any at pro users that switched to different machines ? what did you switch too ? why ?

Upvote 0

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You say "one of your AT Pros". If you have two, why not? Don't personally have any experience with the Pro or the others you mention so my opinion is neutral or not much help other wise.
luvsdux

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea i have 2 of them.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I mentioned above, I don't have experience with the detectors you mention. However, it seems to me that it would make sense to trade one of your Pros for a machine that excells in any area that you fell the Pro could stand improvement.
luvsdux

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't be afraid of either. The t2 is more adjustable and with the 5 inch coil it a beast in the iron.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to pick one up on craigslist real cheap a few weeks back. got it so I have a back up. im gonna offer a like new pro and a pro pointer for a t2 se . think that is a good trade ?

HobbyMan

Sep 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, XP DEUS, Golden Mask 4 Pro, Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11'' DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't be afraid of either. The t2 is more adjustable and with the 5 inch coil it a beast in the iron.

I personally do not like the GARRETs at all. This "ding-ding" sound it too annoying for me. As well they all are shallow and slow detectors. You can not go wrong with Teknetics t2 or g2.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slow and shallow says the guy who swings a minelab.

HobbyMan

Sep 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
slow and shallow says the guy who swings a minelab.

I have four detectors and one of them is DEUS. The e-trac is one of the deepest detectors, if you know how to use it. Unfortunately it is slow. The AT Pro is faster and it is not a bad detector at all. I just do not like the Garrets. I do not understand why some people are so offended when you say the truth about their detectors. This is not your wife guys :occasion14:

sandy shoes

Jun 6, 2013
gloucester mass
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have hunted alot with guys that own all etracs they are good machines they go only about 1 1/2 inches deeper than my pro but they are not worth 3 times what i paid for the pro to go 1 1/2 inches deeper it is more the person behind the machine that will when on finds for the day .

HobbyMan

Sep 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have hunted alot with guys that own all etracs they are good machines they go only about 1 1/2 inches deeper than my pro but they are not worth 3 times what i paid for the pro to go 1 1/2 inches deeper it is more the person behind the machine that will when on finds for the day .

You are right for the price difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread