Patiently waiting for my 2nd & 3rd detectors to arrive.

thadd

Oct 7, 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was looking on eBay to see if there were any good deals for a mid-range detector that I could use while still trying to get better antiquated with my MXT, when I stumbled across an auction for a Bounty Hunter Camo LS & Tracker IV together. They were listed as being in excellent working condition with minimal wear, and had several images that looked okay.

The biding was around $140 for the pair, so I put in a bid that would keep them under $200 with the shipping. This was after doing about 15 minutes of research, which I thought if I was high bidder, they would be a pretty decent deal. I really did not expect to get them at that price and was pretty surprised when the notification came in on my cell phone. I was actually coming back from the local detector shop, and had just spent a bit more there than I was planning. Picked up a Garrett Pro Pinpointer, sand scoop with a longer handle for the beach, the Lesche Digging Cutting Tool with Sheath, head phones with volume control and a few other smaller items.

I ended up getting them for $166.50 plus about $33 for shipping. So now with them and the other items, it was a fairly expensive week for me. :tongue3: Now I'm waiting for them to arrive, the seller sent them off quickly and I was hoping they would get here for the weekend, but Monday looks like the day I'll be able to see if I ended up with a good deal or not. The sellers feedback was 100%, so I'm not sweating it too much. ??? I was mainly going for the Camo, and figured the cheaper unit would be good for a loaner if I had a friend or someone who wanted to go out with me to beach hunt. If I bring the MXT, I can even invite 2 people along.

Does anyone have either of these models who can give me some input? As long as the condition is decent, I think I'll have done okay?? I'll check back once they arrive to report on the actual condition and if they seem to work like they should. There was also a soft case included that will hopefully be alright as well

I appreciate any feedback. :thumbsup:

HH, hope this weekend brings some awesome finds for everyone. :hello2:

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Until a member(s) pipes in - you might browse Forum > Metal Detecting > Brands > Bounty Hunter...

OP
OP
thadd

thadd

Oct 7, 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received the detectors today, and they are in excellent condition and seem to work perfectly. Even had batteries already in them. Now I can invite others to detect with me if I want to. Excellent deal on these I think, I'm glad I put my bid in.

OP
OP
thadd

thadd

Oct 7, 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good luck have fun

Thanks! I had a chance to try them today for a short time and both worked great. I liked not having to adjust any settings on the Tracker IV and it still found items well. 4 or 5 bottle caps and then a clad dime, that was encouraging. The Camo LS only lasted a few minutes and then the batteries they seller had left in it started to die, so I only got a few minutes with it, but located a couple bottle caps. Didn't have enough time to mess with the adjustments on it, but everything seemed to work as it should from what I could tell so far.

Looking forward to not having to take the MXT out on the beach where the elements are harsher. I'd rather save it for gold prospecting and other sites that it is better suited for. The cheaper units seem to do just fine at the beach, since I'm just looking for clad and lost jewelry for the most part.

Waiting to stumble onto a lost Rolex that slipped of some well off sun bather. :laughing7:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread