Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After about two outings I found out what equipment I needed most besides my detector was knee pads! After getting my knees wet, muddy, bruised and sore I went to the local Lowes and bought a set of industrial knee pads. Man what a relief! That something so simple would be such a relief is unbelievable. ::) I wonder how many novice detectorists like me had to learn the hard way? JIM

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I ruind alot of Jeans, Before I bought a pair. LOWES Definately has the Best Pair I'v Seen

J

jwarren270

Well I have had them for years because I use to have a fencing company and always used them. They do save knees and makes it easier to move around if need be.

James Warren

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep, kneel down on a nail sometime or a piece of broken glass and you're done for a spell. They are invaluable tools.

F

foolserrand

I ruined a number of pairs of jeans until I bought a pair of big white, rubber kneepads (with rubber straps and a foam-rubber liner)from a home depot store. It was a last minute buy on my way to the airport to go to england. They were about 18 bucks , but worth every penny. They are very durable & even though the straps can be a bit too tight at times, they protect my knees very well. My detecting partner calls em stormtrooper kneepads (from the stormtrooper uniforms in the star wars movies). Sometimes i just wear one instead of both (just to use for when i get down on one knee).

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of outings and my knees were sore as anything. My next outing started out at Home Depot. The knee pads make a world of difference. They are a must have in you bag.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of leather kneepads that I bought at a carpet supply store.They do come in handy every now and then.Iwas a flooring installer for 15 years, so I know all about sore knees!

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
I learned the hard way as well finally went to Walmart the only show in town paid four bucks for a pair, so far they've heldup well, saved my knees and jeans. HH Bob.B

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I find Knee Pads to be like a good woman. Sometimes you can't get along with them & sometimes you just can't get along without them! Spotz

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not always but you can tell an Mder is the one w/one blown-out knee on jis Levis HAHA. Got more pairs of cut-offs that way.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Last sunday I sure could have used a pair, after kneeling on the debris and rocks my knees were killing me! I definitely Will include some on my next outing! 8)

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great tip!! I have an old pair of skateboard pads that I will bring along when the grond thaws.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
When you are not out in the field, you can use them to cover your ears when the little lady is upset. Multipurpose equipment! Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread