New Detector

wkrp43

May 24, 2013
western NC
Detector(s) used
F2...BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from nc. I been looking at the Fisher also.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As another new member I can tell you that I bought a Fisher F-2 for myself, the package with all 3 coils. It wasn't 2 full days before I had my entire F-2 package stolen from me. Well, maybe "stolen" is too harsh a word. Let's say it was permanently borrowed by my wife. I really like the unit and my wife loves that F-2. She's out every day learning more about it by MDing and the F-2 is very easy to use and understand, once you get used to it, just like any other unit. Easy to use, easy to learn, good at Mding what most folks are looking for, coins, rings, and relics, for a very reasonable price. ...What else is there to say about it! Digger27 has a complete write up on the F-2 that you should read. It got me sold on that unit as the first one we bought.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about purchasing a new detector (I had one 10-12 years ago) leaning towards the Fisher F2 F4 or F5 Input anyone? I'm mostly interested on coin hunting parks and beaches. I looked at Fishers F2 and it seems to have the features I'm looking for.

The f2 is amazing for the price. That being said the f5 is a much more powerful detector. The f4 is great also, but the f5 is the one most people move up to after using the f2. The f5 is well worth the extra $100 over the f4. Many more features and greater depth.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post Reed. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - If you haven't already - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Connecticut for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
3rd Whatever MD you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Reed! The Fisher F series are great units. The F2 has a lot of features for it's price. The F4 adds ground balance, and the F5 has one of the largest ID screens on the market, with constant ground readings and easy to use controls. Give me a call if I can answer any questions.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread