pinpointers

G

goodtimejerry

Hi every one im new to the site and what A site it is. im from Utah very cold here this time of year. Im looking for A pinpointer, I have done some research and found A pinpointer called treasure mate it has good reviews dose any one have any exspierance with this pinpointer. Or dose any one have sugestions on A good pinpointer that I can use with my whites XLT.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about that partucular pinpointer but I got a wand type with my detector. It has a sensitivity setting to vibrate or sound, about an 8" probe and I use it quite a bit in newer parks for coins near or on the surface hidden in grass. If the coin is in the grass or just under the dirt it will sound off and it saves you a lot of digging. Once you dig and can't locate item, use the probe to pinpoint where in the hole the item is located as you can't always dig dead center, it keeps you from missing small items that are hard to see. I like mine! JIM

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I use a White's MXT and I also use a White's 120mm Bullseye pinpointer. I just started using the pinpointer and can't figure out why I didn't get one years ago. It has made hunting so much faster and easier.
I would highly recommend using one. You'll be lost without it.
xXx

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I also use a Whites Bullseye Pin Pointer along with my DFX. From all I have seen on the forum, most pinpointers work basically the same. It's taking the time to USE ONE that makes difference.
Not necessarily the brand!
Spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
OOPS!! Forgot to welcome you to the Forum. Stick with it & you'll have a valuable resorce & a fun place to talk the talk. Spotz

upier

Jan 6, 2005
when I bought my mxt and was on the way out the door the dealer asked if i wanted
pinpointer and gave me a free bullseye. me and the pin pointer have been best friends from that point forward
as it turned out whites gave out the pinpointers to the dealers and they were more or less giving them
to people that got detectors.. short of the dealers that just oped to ebay them.
same goes with the detector bag's go figure..

the pinpointer could use a bit more detecting distance as it gives maybe a half itch at the most, otherthan that i do recommend
one. and mine works fine.

so maybe check a whites dealer here local and see if they have Any
they may cut you a good deal on one seeing how they got them for free

am in Utah as well.. SLC Tvill
is chilly but i got the itch so been out a bit - i believe the park near my house is pulltab and clad free.
at lest the top 12 inches..

K

Kent in ca.

Hi everybody I also use the Bullseye pinpointer, read on one of the other forums, that you can take the back off of it, and turn a screw to get up two inches out of it.? Have not tryed it myself yet. ???

upier

Jan 6, 2005
after reading your post i just had to open mine up and see
seems the front is what comes off and is a lil blue square with a adjustable screw setting within it
seems like it will go up to 2" got mine set up to a good inch or so now..
thanks much for the heads up..

digging deep with my mxt

K

Kent in ca.

took mine apart today, was able to get a little more out of it, if you go to far it started giving a lot of false readings. 8)

upier

Jan 6, 2005
Kent in ca. said:
took mine apart today, was able to get a little more out of it, if you go to far it started giving a lot of false readings. 8)

what you need to do seeing i had the same problem
is turn the unit off then back on again after you turn up the setting
that will or at least stabilised mine when i did that and i got some nice range now .. should make
it simpler to pull out the hidden coins.

Ken/CO

Sep 27, 2003
Colorado
Hey Jerry,
I owned 2 Treasure Mates and found them difficult to keep them adjusted, especially the ground
balance. My "Wizard" has about the same performance, and modified it does just as well as the pin-
pointers, and cost $14.95 at Sears.

HH

Ken/CO

OP
OP
G

goodtimejerry

HI Ken/co thanks for the reply could you give me some more information on the wizard and what modifications did you do to it.

krdigger

Jan 30, 2005
Might want to take a look at a Garrett THD handheld. Designed for law enforcement use but seems to work well as a pinpointer.

jimmyg8138

Greenie
Dec 22, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro, GPX5000, White's Spectre 3, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium and Troy Shadow x5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try the TinyTec...has a nice long barrel and sounds and vibrates as well. I've had one for about 7 years now...sturdy, rugged and takes a beating but keeps on ticking....Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread