What would be the next step up from my Fisher F2 with respect to greater depth?

Oakeso1

Greenie
Sep 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering what would be a good upgrade for a detector that will have better range than the F2.
I have an old site I have been working and I am convinced there has to be more to find, but the site is
200 years old, and has been in continuous operation all along, as an inn/stagecoach stop, etc etc.
So I am thinking stuff may be deep, mainly coins I am interested in, or rings, jewelry, etc.

Upvote 0

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say an at pro and also get a 5x8 coil if there is a lot of trash. If you call Bart @ big boys hobbies or Richard @ backwoods detectors they can hook you up. Make sure you CALL not just order online.

Other than the at pro I would say maybe an Etrac for going deep. It has a bit of a learning curve though... I am trying to figure it out now.
If you want to stay with Fisher the f75 has a lot of good reviews, but to be honest I have never used it so I can't say one way or the other on it.
If you are wanting to go deeper make sure you get a DD coil which most the higher end units will have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

OP
OP
O

Oakeso1

Greenie
Sep 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say an at pro and also get a 5x8 coil if there is a lot of trash. If you call Bart @ big boys hobbies or Richard @ backwoods detectors they can hook you up. Make sure you CALL not just order online.

Other than the at pro I would say maybe an Etrac for going deep. It has a bit of a learning curve though... I am trying to figure it out now.
If you want to stay with Fisher the f75 has a lot of good reviews, but to be honest I have never used it so I can't say one way or the other on it.
If you are wanting to go deeper make sure you get a DD coil which most the higher end units will have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks...maybe I should try a DD coil before I consider upgrading. The AT Pro does seem to be popular with alot of people...I'll check out the Etrac..thanks again

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot depends on your mineralization. In highly mineralized soil, the AT Pro up yti the Etrac will give you better depth.

The ground balance capabilities of the mid range detectors allow for more depth.

Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread