Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
wow

wow, I won't yell my answer back to you, but I don't disagree that someone told you this. That's not the issue. The issue, can any of us do it (drive through yellowstone or wherever with a detector in the trunk). Would you *really* "get arrested" and "have the machine confiscated" and so forth. That was a great answer from that person said it was clear and imminent doom, certain to befall you and I. I don't doubt for a moment that someone told you that. The issue is, did that person care less, or would really have done such a thing, if they stopped you for a tail-light out for instance, and .... gasp, .... saw a detector in your backseat?

And as lacks of examples from you, and anyone else here, will show: No. No one is getting roughed up for transporting detectors, despite what you might find someone to say or cite. Sure, maybe if they pulled them out of the trunk and USED them at Shiloh or yellowstone or whatever. But transporting them? no.

I have a hard enough time finding any examples of confiscations for using them (yes a few sample cases exist), but fail to see ANY examples of that for simply transporting them. If anyone can cite an example (since life NRA has none), let us know please.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah really, I have no examples to show. Dude I really don't give a #### what you think. Your always on this NO ONE CARES TILL YOU ASK crap! When a government official tells me this info, I am going to heed by it. Really, what's deal? Your getting all over my ass because I shared the info on what they told me. Grow a set and call them and argue with them! Don't give me your BS, I just brought the message here because a gentiman asked about detecting in the OC area! Please go get your information from these people then come back here and straighten this all out. Your always shooting your mouth off about this, why don't you call them and talk about it! Wait, I forgot your above any laws!!! Now I see!!! Let me give you a wake up call!!!

ITS 2013!!! THINGS CHANGE!!! LAWS CHANGE!!!
Sorry, damn caps got stuck again!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So umm. Good luck on your hunt Gary.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

GOD BLESS.

:BangHead: Got 1 day of md in before the rains came. The headbang is for the rains. We left on Friday & of course the sun came out as we were leaving. Found a total of $3.10 in clad coins. 1 Sacawaga dollar coin, 7 quarters, 3 dimes & 5 cents (pennies). Most of the coins I found were around the 9th Street beach area. It seemed to me that they have been doing a beach replenishing project because the coins I found were all very deep.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their advice.

HH
Gary

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
Great job Gary!! It only rains when you don't want it to. I like finding those dollar coins. I haven't found one yet this year. But my brother has found 2. Good luck.

GOD BLESS!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread