Anyone use Bullseye pinpointers?

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
I bought a Bullseye II this past Spring. Not sure how I lived without a pinpointer. Love it so far!

99Brown

swingman

Feb 7, 2007
Coventry, CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab (2), Garrett (2), Whites (2)
Only as a backup. It's too short, for the targets I've been digging with my 2 Minelabs and the Garret 2500.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I like mine, never dig without it once I got it. Only problem with them is they are notorious for having bad switches. Mine went bad on me, I gotta send it in. :'(

Look for deals on one, I picked mine up for 79 bucks, brand new.

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a BE-1 and BE-2 (both 120mm). I wouldn't leave home without one of them. Got them both off of ebay for about half the cost of new.

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Gadget said:
I've got a BE-1 and BE-2 (both 120mm). I wouldn't leave home without one of them. Got them both off of ebay for about half the cost of new.

Good advice, I'll go that route, thanks.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites makes a mean pinpointer. I have had a BE-1 for over 3 years, modified it with a push button switch. I abuse it regularly and it just keeps going. I feel lost withpout it. It definitely cuts down on digging time.

Ed D.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one free this past year when I got my new DFX. I've used it a bit, but I have to say with it's short range, I'm glad I didn't spend the bucks for one.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
waseeker said:
I got one free this past year when I got my new DFX. I've used it a bit, but I have to say with it's short range, I'm glad I didn't spend the bucks for one.

I've heard this before... would you really want a pinpointer with a four inch range? Doesn't that kinda miss the point? (pardon the pun...)

I want mine within an inch. You could be beeping on one side of the hole, and the target be on the other side.... Thats the whole point.

True, they are overpriced for what they are. You could probably build your own case and put in a Radio Shack cheapie for less money. But they're fairly new, I'm sure a lot of the price is in the development. Gotta recoup costs somehow. :)

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely, i find mine especially useful while sifting thru leaf litter to find small targets such as a bullet. I hang one on my side each time i'm out

luckysgirl

Jul 26, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The Bullseye pinpointer is the only one I have ever used or had. I cant imagine not having one.
I have been very happy with it but will say that I too had to have the switch fixed..that is the only complaint that I have about it. I, myself was wondering about the Treasure Mate.....

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't expect a lot of range with it and it does come in handy when I can't quite find an item in a hole or in muddy ground when it's difficult to search a plug. Maybe I've just been lucky with plug cutting or my pinpointing, but it seems I only need it maybe 1 out of 5 trips.

FrankTM

Sep 4, 2006
Illinois (Dekalb County)
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350
lionhrt9 said:
Yes, yes, and yes, i have the pinpointer, a 140mm and have used an abused that bad boy with no avail. Great PP.

I also have a 140mm and it is great, I definately feel it was worth the money. I almost lost my first and only bullet (my icon pic) had it not been for the pinpointer. It was in a hole with a piece of shell and the bugs were biting, it was late, etc but I quickly scanned with the 140mm and got it.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread