So found out...

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using my md wrong! It's a cheap "toy" from best buy I picked up at a GS. Anyways it only has 2knobs and a red "push" button that I'm not sure what its for. Well I keep the disc all the way down and the tuning where it doesn't make a constant tone. Well was playing with in in the house and ran it over the floor and no nails being picked up heck it wouldn't even pick up a necklace I have. Well turned the tuning up to where it toned and swiped it over the floor, tone stopped as soon as it got near, did a swipe it went off with every nail! Lol made me sick thinking about all the targets I've missed in the ground deep. Well I'm going out to see what I missed hope I finally can hit those deep silvers!

Upvote 0

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Red button is for pinpointing
Two knobs 1 is sensitivity=power... the other is discrimination .Ferris to non Ferris=iron to gold/copper/silver.
Gary

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank GPa my book was really vague when I read it, then I lost it/ thrown away lol. I've always wondered if the tuning was the power expecially over the last few outings I've been letting it buzz and been getting deeper coins. The pinpoint button I thought was the ground balance but guess not. Thank you again and good luck out there.

The button do I hold it down when pinpointing? Or press and release?

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hold it in when pin pointing
The buzz is threshold =all metal pinpointing button will no work in all metal...that will in Disc. pushing and holding the Red button throws it into all metal.It probley has Auto ground balance.
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow so much I'm doing wrong, no wonder I'm only finding clad lol. I wish I had some silver and gold to test a variety of targets with so I could learn what to set it at.
So the threshold sound is goo right? And if I keep my disc all the way down it'll hit every target with a beep and blank on nothing. But as I turn disc up it'll still hum and blank on things unwanted? Sorry seems with MDing I need pretty layman terms, more terms equal more confusion lol. This is from a guy who learned to program and operated welding bits in a day. I just learn better when I can see what in being told. Thanks again for your help you've been the most help I've gotten.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread