Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones ? How do you like them ?

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all .I was thinking of getting the Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones as my land and water headphone . for my AT PRO.. I was hoping to here from someone who has them .. I want to know if there worth the cash .. and if the sound is as good or better then the stock headphone you get with the AT ....I have herd from 3 ppl that there ear cushions are cracking ...are yours ok or are they cracking to .. thanks ...

Upvote 0

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought mine recently, and the sounds are different. I'm not a fan for using them while land hunting, just because the stock ones sound pretty good. The only reason im keeping them is because I plan on hunting rivers and beach water next summer, so I might as well keep them for that.

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine recently, and the sounds are different. I'm not a fan for using them while land hunting, just because the stock ones sound pretty good. The only reason im keeping them is because I plan on hunting rivers and beach water next summer, so I might as well keep them for that.
that suck well was hoping to use them on land and water ..i ordered them . i hunt in the rain and i did a lot of water hunting this summer so I hope i like them ..but im not hearing good things about them so far

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me know what you think when you get them. Maybe I'm just an odd one out?

dbach149

Aug 4, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Give us a review of them when you get a chance. I was also considering buying them based on the good reviews I had seen online, but as of late they seem to be dropping off in quality????

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give us a review of them when you get a chance. I was also considering buying them based on the good reviews I had seen online, but as of late they seem to be dropping off in quality????
i will test the crap out of them ...ppl are so quick to to make a review.. they have it for 1 day and there like O its so great ...im going to let everyone know the truth about them ...150$ .. 1 little thing gos wrong im going to all the forums !

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said, I only used them for a short while, its been too cold to water hunt here. I just didn't like the sound difference. I might throw them back on for my next hunt, just to try again. I will say they had a nice folding design, and were comfortable. I'll post more after my next hunt with them.

Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got my Gray Ghost headphones in...the first think I notice are cracks in the gray plastic were the head band connects ...not just on 1 side but both sides ...but that's not the worst part ...I try them out to see how they sound only 1 side is working ...I called detector pro ...they seem like good ppl to deal with ..I shipped them out so I will let you all know how things work out .the good thing is I liked how they sounded well the 1 speaker that was working lol..

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sucks. It sounds like you got someone else's pair that they returned.

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got them back from detector pro ..they sent them back the same day they got my broken GGA ...the new pare works perfectly sounds better then I thought they would and no cracks in the gray plastic .. I here the cracking was a problem but they said they fixed the cracking problem ..only time will tell ::)...for now I am a happy camper...

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The GGA's are a great improvement over the old UWGG, The improved Piezo design was from my guiding them along this past winter to change from the 27mm to the 50mm. And leave out the small flow coil, which they did and what a major jump in the volume. Now I'm installing them on Excaliburs and the CTX's, also testing an adaptor where you can use them on both machines. Each set I do for these machine I go thru and check out any improvements that I can do to increase the Longevity and Performance. This past week I have done 5 Excalibur's with the GGA's, along with other repairs on the machines.
OBN0072.jpg
OBN0044.jpg

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GGA's are a great improvement over the old UWGG, The improved Piezo design was from my guiding them along this past winter to change from the 27mm to the 50mm. And leave out the small flow coil, which they did and what a major jump in the volume. Now I'm installing them on Excaliburs and the CTX's, also testing an adaptor where you can use them on both machines. Each set I do for these machine I go thru and check out any improvements that I can do to increase the Longevity and Performance. This past week I have done 5 Excalibur's with the GGA's, along with other repairs on the machines.
View attachment 889411
View attachment 889412
cool thanks for telling detectorpro how to do things ..I keep the volume at 6.. its way to loud on 7 8 9 10.but I here that's a good thing for when its noisy ...I have seen your videos on youtube.. sweet mods !..one thing you should tell detectoepro to do is make the cored longer ..... I have to put my MD very close to me when I put it down to dig ...with the stock headphones I could put my MD down and stand up with my headphones on the cord is so long .. thats my only complaint ...

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just picked up some of these and I agree the sounds are quite different. I have a hard time telling the difference between coins and bottle tops now. I see this post is a few months old, have you had a chance you use them since then and if so did you get used to them?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 GG Amphibians, one on each excals I own and I love them...
249ec95dde9230c00aab91c04b45e03b.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread