Little off the beaten path.

J.Cohoon04

Oct 3, 2013
N. Chesterfield, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F2, CZ70 Pro (Borrowed), Tesoro Cibola(Sold), Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In light of all of our recent rain up and down the East Coast, I just wanted to put forth a simple question to all of my fellow MD enthusiasts:

What do you do to preoccupy your time when the rain keeps you from hunting?

Figured I would throw this out on a wonderfully rainy day here in VA and see what you guys though :laughing7:

Not much rain here, those few days there, I read tnet.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I live in the Pacific Northwest. When it rains, which can be often, I go metal detecting.

Fewer people in the parks, great detection depth, easier digging, what's not to love?

OP
OP
J

J.Cohoon04

Oct 3, 2013
N. Chesterfield, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F2, CZ70 Pro (Borrowed), Tesoro Cibola(Sold), Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not much rain here, those few days there, I read tnet.

I can see where that would be a good fall-back if you can't get out. So much new stuff all day every day!

OP
OP
J

J.Cohoon04

Oct 3, 2013
N. Chesterfield, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in the Pacific Northwest. When it rains, which can be often, I go metal detecting.

Fewer people in the parks, great detection depth, easier digging, what's not to love?

Hahaha, I should have known better to ask it in such a broad audience! I have had plenty of experience with the Pacific Northwest, so I figured you guys would adapt accordingly!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Minnesota we have four or five months, sometimes more when snow cover and frozen ground prevents hunting. It's a good time to do online research to scope out new sites for spring, to obsessively read Tnet, and to catch up on other hobbies like reading and napping. There are also outdoor hobbies, like snow blowing, roof raking, and ice chopping to occupy my time.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have too many good days here to go out in a miserable one. If I get the shakes too bad, I'll throw on the wet suit and go to the beach!

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was just down near you (South of Richmond) and saw two nice spots I will be asking to hunt at. Drive around and get permission on some good spots, that's what I do on rain days.

OP
OP
J

J.Cohoon04

Oct 3, 2013
N. Chesterfield, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was just down near you (South of Richmond) and saw two nice spots I will be asking to hunt at. Drive around and get permission on some good spots, that's what I do on rain days.

I just saw an area today between here and Colonial Heights that almost seems to be able to be hunted openly. Might try and check that out tomorrow.

OP
OP
J

J.Cohoon04

Oct 3, 2013
N. Chesterfield, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have too many good days here to go out in a miserable one. If I get the shakes too bad, I'll throw on the wet suit and go to the beach!

Been down there too, know exactly what you mean! :laughing7:

R.B.

Oct 27, 2013
Princeton, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Platinum Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that rain on the ground actually helps the sensitivity of the detector.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I do the jobs around the house my wife wants done. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions