Texas Hunters!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have learned that the TNET experience is only as good as you make it... And although I do sometimes like to see what they are finding on the beaches of Florida, or in the cellar holes of Massachusetts, I prefer to know what's going on in my region a lot more! It makes the TNET experience more tailored to your interest and specific location.

I recently started a thread of where all us TX hunters are located. Thanks to everyone who participated!

So let's go a step further!

How about all us Texans post up what our preferred targets are... Maybe list your favorite GENERAL category, with your specific SUB-CATEGORY of "preferred" finds.

For example, I hunt RELICS 90% of the time, with my favorite specific area being Texas Revolution/Civil & Indian War artifacts.

Anyone else care to share?

Upvote 0

paul1stsgt

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2015
Mesquite, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mesquite here! Went on our first treasure hunt this past Sunday and had a blast. Searched an old elementary school and actually found a 1985 penny, a pop top, and old pencil. Can't wait to go again!!

Last edited:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started this hobby because my father liked to collect coins and he bought me a detector to find coins for him. I began as a coinshooter, still a coinshooter, and always will be a coinshooter. Don't give a hoot about finding much of anything else and never go hunting for anything else. I don't mind when a little gold or silver jewelry turns up in the hole but it is usually by accident not by design. Heck, I even lide a good clad hunt. My dad bought that detector for me when I was 17 or 18 and I am now 60 so thats a bunch of coins !!

kristof.wanderer

Mar 23, 2014
Nacogdoches Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Nacogdoches and though I simply enjoy digging non-trash targets, my primary interest is detecting along the original El Camino Real (King's Highway). It has been lost for the most part with most of the trail being on private property, but I have had considerable access to hunt in San Augustine and Nacogdoches Counties. Having walked along the original trail to a river and digging Spanish silver (1778), I realized I wanted more in this hobby than modern finds! My secondary interest is detecting the handful of the WWII Nazi concentration camps located in my area. :)

Good luck and happy hunting!

EdwarDallas

Jan 1, 2015
Old East Dallas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Pinpointer "Carrot"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Dallas/Austin/Waco/Killeen--I travel for work. I mostly look for coins and jewelry.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
South of Houston a little. Mostly relic and coin shooting.

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
I am in San Antonio and just got an AT Pro and looking for a hunting buddy in the area. Send me a message and good luck!

goCARDSjim

Greenie
May 23, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
South Texas - Edinburg/Rio Grande Valley Texas is mostly privately owned land with very little public lands. So we mostly hunt parks during the week and schoolyard on weekend. Very trashy, I have a five gallon bucket mostly full of trash and unidentifiable debris. We take our treasures as we find them. About 500.00 in clad, 14 silver rings, 1 gold ring and some misc. silver jewelry in last two calendar years. Looking to purchase a Minelab Excal 11 to begin hitting the beach.

Last edited:

tonymc2

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2012
Jasper,Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here but i read the finds everyday, I love to hunt relics and have found many over the years living in a small community that was once a thriving town in the 1800s, It had the first railroad in the county so it was a pretty rough place in its day,Not many people lives here now lots of empty lots but am new to metal detecting I have a bounty hunter but there is so many tin cans and wire I can dig forever many old cellers and old park, What would be the best metal detector for me to use, I now live in deep east texas but go home for holidays so much area to hunt lots of history here and would like to get in to the metal detecting !!

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Vernon, the halfway point between Dallas and Amarillo. Grew up in Margaret, a tiny little farming community near Crowell. Cynthia Ann Parker was captured by the army near Margaret. The tree she was hiding behind is on display at the courthouse in Crowell (county seat). We owned a few lots there, one of them once held a hotel about a hundred years ago, and our garden used to be a cafe. I was always trekking around with my pellet gun (or .22) and my dog, exploring the pastures and around the train tracks. Was always a coin nut but never had a metal detector back then. If only I knew then what I know now. So many missed opportunities. I did look for coins everywhere but had very little luck.

Not many places to metal detect where I'm at now, and not much time (or energy) for it either. But my back yard has an old clothes line I'm going to detect, and there are some places I'm going to seek permission to pillage. I detect the local parks occasionally but I just go for surface stuff rather than dig. Keeping an eye and ear out for some good locations. Lots of history to this town and it's well documented. There's a legend about a lost mule-load of gold around the Pease River here, but I haven't had much luck researching it.

My current detector is a Radio Shack Discovery 1000, that I bought about 15 years ago. Nothing special but it works. Even downloaded the manual on it and am finally figuring out what I was doing wrong.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bump to top.
There's a huge number of Texas hunters who haven't dropped by here and posted up!

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

dr1ftd1gger

Dec 19, 2013
I like to hunt just about anything. I rarely bust out a MD to do it. I like spotting things out of place. Like arrowheads in mounds of shell, etc.

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Oklahoma but winter in texas on the coast near the beach ,i go out each morning and am good for about 2 miles at low tide ,been finding quite a lot some good some not so good. Everyone need to experience the beach hunt in ther lifetime at least a 100times . buy yourself a good sand scoop and take off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread