Texas Hunters!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have learned that the TNET experience is only as good as you make it... And although I do sometimes like to see what they are finding on the beaches of Florida, or in the cellar holes of Massachusetts, I prefer to know what's going on in my region a lot more! It makes the TNET experience more tailored to your interest and specific location.

I recently started a thread of where all us TX hunters are located. Thanks to everyone who participated!

So let's go a step further!

How about all us Texans post up what our preferred targets are... Maybe list your favorite GENERAL category, with your specific SUB-CATEGORY of "preferred" finds.

For example, I hunt RELICS 90% of the time, with my favorite specific area being Texas Revolution/Civil & Indian War artifacts.

Anyone else care to share?

Upvote 0

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm not too picky about targets. It's the hunt I enjoy. It's like when I sort parcels of gemstones or go fishing. It's all fun, and one day you'll get something worthwhile.

Best of luck,
Bill

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t get around much any more, so I metal detect around the yard (10 acres) just for the fun of it.

Most of the finds are lead pellets that I have shot over the years. :BangHead: Rusty fence wire is a real treasure to find.

Hunted a park once just to experience the pull tab and can slaw. Then I found out hunting along the road can give me the same experience. :laughing7:

My best finds have been 28 cents (clad) and two old (1930s) shotgun head stamps. :icon_scratch:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...as Far as what we are out digging for...I'm Primarly looking for Old silver coins and Relics, But when im at the same ol place and signals are getting scarse, I start looking for Gold...Whats funny is how many times im out at a place i have hunting 100s of times, and looking for gold...all of a sudden...BAM!...Silver coin....But I got into this hobby mainly for Old coins and Relics....Jewelry is cool too..But its just money to me...Nothing really special about it

fotoman

Oct 3, 2013
Cypress, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just like detecting. I enjoy the occasional visit to the Galveston beaches. Last outing provided a large silver wedding band and some coins. I also really enjoy digging around old homes and city parks out in the country. I haven't gotten the courage to go into the old neighborhoods of Houston as yet.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I envy you guys in Texas, I am from NJ. I live in the most densely populated area in the USA per square mile. We have old coins and Revolutionary war relics and all that good stuff. The hard part is either you are not allowed on the land or finding land to hunt that is not crowed or hunted out. I been to Texas once, all I remember is land never ending land. I would love to give gold detecting a shot. Happy hunting all you Texas boys.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I'm northeast of Houston. I primarily hunt parks and schools. I'm most interested in coins and jewelry. I haven't hunted any really old places yet, but I will at some point.

HH
Lance

Cntryboy

Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Northeast Texas and I like to metal detect. It doesn't matter to me, I just like the sound of a good find. Good finds have been scarce here lately. I have been finding a lot of trash, it seems "Don't Mess With Texas" doesn't really work around here but I digress. I really like to look for old silver and relics. I like gold hunting as well as panning but there is not much around here. I'm gonna have to travel and see if I can't find some of the old legendary caches around here.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got too old to get out. Besides, went back to work part-time and now have a schedule. Person sent me a pm today about joining them. Had to decline. Even young latina chasing has stopped. Found and gave away(or sold) lots of spanish artifacts. Just not fun anymore. native american stuff went to UT, spanish stuff to friends, gold and silver spanish coins to various young ladies along the way, still have penny(wheat collections). Will probably give them to a kid. Gave a couple of people online cache location of coins from Padre Island from my youth, spanish relic locations now. Promised each I wouldn't repeat locations. Just too damm old and really not that interested anymore. Fun just sitting here and watching Finding Bigfoot, Wild West Alaska and a couple of others. So enjoy while you can cause it does end someday. Reading the posts here is fun now...

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been out of commission for a couple of years, but now back and read to get back in the swing. I don't do a lot of coin shooting except in a coin strewn field I made for the grandkids for practice. But love to hunt for caches and relics. Enjoy beach hunting when I get down to Galveston. I am planning to make a trip to NM to do some nugget shooting in the future. I do some treasure/cache research, too. That is a lot of fun and fills my head with dreams of GOLD!

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Panhandler Lad

I live in the Panhandle and love to hunt Dust Bowl Era farm steads. Problem is the wind and the moving soil here. Sometimes find clad coins as deep as 14 inches. The conductivity is also unstable because of the sandy loam soil. Sometimes the same kind of pull tab gives a gold echo then a high silver echo. It's a little crazy and kind of frustrating. I still have a good time and enjoy hunting down state where it's more of a target rich environment. The drought and low humidity here also makes digging for targets dynamite tough!! All in all I enjoy dirt fishing almost as much as i love whiskey,enchiladas, and pretty girls!! Have fun fellow Texans with finding the best!! I enjoy this web site from time to time and always get a kick out of the feedback from other crazies!! Dig hard and enjoy!! :thumbsup:The Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! I found a WWII dog tag at an old abandoned Army Airfield belonging to a soldier from RED BANK NJ. LOL!! Sent it back home to his daughter, because he had passed in 2011!

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! I found a WWII dog tag at an old abandoned Army Airfield belonging to a soldier from RED BANK NJ. LOL!! Sent it back home to his daughter, because he had passed in 2011! I dont like this web site sometimes hope toe2short gets this

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like BSLOAN and HeaterGuy, I am not picky about targets, I just love the hunt. If I had to narrow it down, I like coins but relics are my favorites....especially bullets. I have not had the opportunity to really hunt really old relics yet, mostly recent past like bullets, dog tags, jewelry and such but look forward to being able to hunt really old CW or Texas History sites....

I live in Humble so I need to get out of the area a bit more. I hunt mostly parks now mainly to get used to the hobby and my equipment.

TexasTrash

Oct 24, 2009
North Edge of Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Radio Shack Discovery 2000- don't laugh
My wife and I are pretty new to detecting so we enjoy just getting out and using are machines.. I have an interest in finding old coins and my wife is more interested in finding relics and jewelry. .We live up near the Red River so I've hunted old school property that is still currently used today, a few old homesteads, and and old town nearby. Haven't really found anything to brag about yet, but I sure love the thrill of the hunt and getting outside and having a great time.

deodra

Mar 13, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
They were stolen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to the area and am hoping to get a detector soon. I want to hit up the parks and Galveston beaches. A few friends have access to some really shallow water along Galveston. I'm hoping to hit that up too.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in North Central Texas and the wife and I aren't real picky. We like to hunt for relics and for coins or old jewelery. We enjoy hunting anywhere but mostly have hunted old homestead sites nearby. We MD just for fun and to see what previously unknown item we can find.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bump for the newer crowd

~Tejaas~

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live in the Golden Triangle area, Little North of Beaumont, Don't get to hunt much do so quick hunts on tot lots when I can right now have a BH IV waiting on A New Compadre to be sent.

circuit323

Greenie
May 23, 2012
Live in northeast Texas. I like old coins and tokens. I haven't had much luck with relics but love history. Trying to find civil war relic. Best find was 1893 dog tax token from Washington.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread