Trying to find a pattern-newbie

kwalk

Apr 12, 2013
Hey y'all, first off this is my first post, but I have been using the sight quite a bit reading old threads. I have found this very helpful in learning about this hobby and wanted to say thanks for the help to all the people who have posted. I've been using my detector (ace 250) for a couple of months and haven't really had to much of interest to post. I like to fish and hunt and I tend to apply lessons I learned from those activities to metal detecting as we'll, the most basic is of coarse find a pattern that is successful and look for the same pattern again. I've recently found a spot that I'm trying to understand and thought mabey someone has come by something similar. It's a hump in a park area that I've hunted several times now. First time I was there I found a wheatie and a bunch of lead shot, 2nd time I found two v nickles both 1889 and a bunch of shot, I hit this spot again today and found a 1940 nickle and a wheatie and a bunch of shot. I've looked at other little humps in the same area no coins no shot. Is there a pattern I'm not seeing could this just be a trash pile or something? Has anyone out there found something like this area? Thanks

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! There may have been a structure on that "hump". :dontknow:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any possibility it is the remains of an old stump? Welcome to the forum and I think you made a good decision on reading the posts before just jumping into the water. Good luck on your hunts.

OP
OP
K

kwalk

Apr 12, 2013
I don't think it's a former structure not big enough and to big for stump. Next time I back there ill give an update

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My experience is there are no real patterns. If you watch a crowd of people the nucleus of the crowd will move or change. They may be in one area for a cpl of hours and then moved depending on what's going on. I have watched get togethers at park pavilions to try and get a feel of people movement. Then there are scattered small groups.

I watched a festival with a cpl beer tents and there were groups of 4 to 10 people scattered out from right at the tents to 100' from the tent. There is no one good spot in a park. The most reliable is the tot lots but they are the first place detected by everyone so unless it's your lucky don't expect to find much.

Last week i went to a park that had lots of picnic areas and pavilions. I went to an area hardly used and picked about $6, in the are everyone uses now I found like 20 cents.

It's crap shoot no matter where you go.

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you may want to try historicaerials to view that location. go back in time and may find there was something there. In my area I found out there used to be an old baseball field for pre-pro players that was a big venue and also the circus used to visit and now the area is a empty field. I've found farms that used to be near me and are gone now. find out who owns them and get permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread