Dig fellas

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your not missing much. Out of all of the shows I think Dig Wars are the corniest. They spend more time trying to ham it up and acting it out then they do hunting. It reminds me of pro foot ball after the touch down, The whole dance thing, trying to out do the other guy.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea...As the other ones are ...they are extremly obnoxius...still debating on the relationship between the 2.....that DIg Wars is Horrible...the dude from Texas annoys the hell out of me....and Poor Chicago Ron...ive been watching his detecting videos for years..I never relized he is like 4 foot tall..lol

And i was cuirous about there estimated "Values" of there items...then it all made since when someone found a worn out Standing Lib..and the guy said it was worth 10 bucks..lol....I bought like 10 of them in great shape for scrap price....So another OVER Inflated Value

I talk all this shiiii....Yet Still watch all of them

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least Dig Wars, American Diggers and Diggers will mention owners and that they have permission to hunt. Haven't heard a single statement on Dig Fellas, which makes them the worst of the bunch.

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I tried to watch one show but I couldn't get past their screechy high pitched voices...I'm out.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I noticed on Dig Fellas, in some shots the soil has been disturbed before they even dig the target...huh?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting used to Dig fellas, However
I do not like the idea they are always just a few feet apart when Finding a good target.
I makes things too obvious they are Replanting for the camera

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im new to this but I watch them all. Apart from all the corniness, voices and plants...I get to see different equipment and finds that I don't get to see here...at least for now. Other then not showing them obtaining permission, I think the shows are good for the hobby. Introduces new people (I started after watching my first video on Youtube) and spawns new innovation for the rest of us. Just my two wheat-cents...for what they are worth.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the videos Bill does on utube he finds some good stuff..... all ways says WWWWWAAAA...and Howard`s emotions when he hold a piece of history in his hands.
I like the TV show too....so they Ham it up more !
Gary

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the More I get used to these shows the Quicker they disappear,
(diggers, Dig wars, Both on break already )
So maybe we should all stop complaining :laughing7:

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the show with Ringy and Kg and also with Chicago Ron. Unfortunately i dont get to watch much tv and anything i do set to record on my tv ends up not recording. Now that football is over for my son i will have some tv time now.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ive learned how to watch these shows. I turn the volume down. I cant stand some of the stunts but if you think about it... it's stuff that I did with my friends but I was only worse. Like sneaking behind someone while digging and scaring the crap out of them ...or the time my friend cut in front of me at New Hope Ga and dug a Sword Belt Plate about 10 feet directly in front of me. I didnt get mad...that is true brotherly love. But the shows got me back into the hobby. I had never seen metal detectors like they were using and it sparked my interest to get back in the hobby. Ive been a Tesoro Man since my first Inca in 1983 so I wasnt fixing to buy a Garrett ..so I went down to my local treasure shop and came home with a new Tejon and I'm back mainly due to those goofy ass shows.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive learned how to watch these shows. I turn the volume down. I cant stand some of the stunts but if you think about it... it's stuff that I did with my friends but I was only worse. Like sneaking behind someone while digging and scaring the crap out of them ...or the time my friend cut in front of me at New Hope Ga and dug a Sword Belt Plate about 10 feet directly in front of me. I didnt get mad...that is true brotherly love. But the shows got me back into the hobby. I had never seen metal detectors like they were using and it sparked my interest to get back in the hobby. Ive been a Tesoro Man since my first Inca in 1983 so I wasnt fixing to buy a Garrett ..so I went down to my local treasure shop and came home with a new Tejon and I'm back mainly due to those goofy ass shows.

Because it's tv I don't mind their antics so much, but in all honesty,
I would not hunt more then once with any of them if they act like that without a camera on them.
Joking around a little during breaks or when your absolutely sure nobody can see is one thing.
acting 12 in someones yard or in public view, would be too much of an embarrassment for me.

cut in front of me , no big deal, I don't own the land in front of me.
as long as it ain't a coils width Swing in front of me in
order to be an arse, and then dig a target there. would be considered uncool,
and loose me as a future hunting partner. good find or can tab, it's like reaching in my trash bag, while it's still hooked to my belt. or pocket,
Perverted, & should be illegal for anyone not female.

throwing handfulls of Zincolns on a hunt site like on Dig wars,
I'd out them on the forum as a Litterbug, then ban them for life :thumbsup:

try to sneak up behind to scare me, hey I have a sense of humor,
and one time would get a laugh.

but again I am no fan of butt-heads, who would do that
over & over.there is a limit to what I'll take.

of course all depends on intent also.

Last edited:

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, unless i misunderstand, you are suggesting they act their age not 12 years old correct?
In all honesty, i will act my age the day I die. I am having too much fun being a kid for the past 40 some years.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, unless i misunderstand, you are suggesting they act their age not 12 years old correct?
In all honesty, i will act my age the day I die. I am having too much fun being a kid for the past 40 some years.

LOL when you put it that way :laughing7:

I still think they over-do it for TV though

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get to dig and play in mud, sand, dirt and maybe even the rain. I can get my clothes dirty, get my hands filthy, go home and show my wife the penny or dime i found and she is happy. If i did that when i was ten years old my mom would have made me take my clothes off outside or in the mud room then hosed me off.
I am having to much fun, i am never growing up. Oh wait, is that a creek with frogs bugs and worms i can dig in? Damn today is gonna be fun!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get to dig and play in mud, sand, dirt and maybe even the rain. I can get my clothes dirty, get my hands filthy, go home and show my wife the penny or dime i found and she is happy. If i did that when i was ten years old my mom would have made me take my clothes off outside or in the mud room then hosed me off.
I am having to much fun, i am never growing up. Oh wait, is that a creek with frogs bugs and worms i can dig in? Damn today is gonna be fun!

LOL that may be senility too , in which case , move over :laughing9:

seriously though , I do love this hobby,
but at 58 I'm not climbing a tree & swinging from it :tongue3:

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When our son was little and we built his playset with a sandbox, i took him out to play in the sandbox the first day it was filled. My wife finally came out and said i needed to come in that our son has Beene atching me play in his sandbox for ten minutes, from the kitchen window. Damn little rascal sold me down the river and went in without telling me.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
jeff is just jealous that he can't swing from trees anymore.
I feel your pain Jeff, I feel your pain. Lol
I'm sorry, but I like that goofy show. I get a kick out of it, & I don't care who knows.
I find it easy to put up with the goofy stuff in order to see the cool finds.
Hahaha...

Happy hunting y'all! !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff is just jealous that he can't swing from trees anymore.
I feel your pain Jeff, I feel your pain. Lol
I'm sorry, but I like that goofy show. I get a kick out of it, & I don't care who knows.
I find it easy to put up with the goofy stuff in order to see the cool finds.
Hahaha...

Happy hunting y'all! !

Absolutely Swinger :thumbsup: My hands won't hold up 230 Lbs :( :tongue3:

You got an industrial strength Tree swingy thingy ?

tire-swing-whole-swing.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread