Metal Detecting Business Cards

wazari

Feb 12, 2007
South Carolina
Hi, i am new to Metal Detecting. I bought a Whites Priszm II and have been practicing with
it. Learning how to swing the coil and how to dig a proper plug.
I would like to get some cards printed up to give to landowners. I would like the cards to have a Detecting theme. I would appreciate any suggestions as to content, icons, or layout
for these cards. I am not very creative, so i really don't know where to start.
If there is anyone that has their own cards,i would like to see them.

Thanks

Don

Upvote 0

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006

Attachments

• card.JPG
    card.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 2,890

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Born2Dtect said:
All this talk about cards has got me thinking. So I tried a new layout, put the detector in the background and added my address.

The first one is the older card, the second one is the new one. Which do you like better?

Ed D.

Number 1 is easier on the old eyes.... nice design though.
::)

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Born2Dtect said:
TreasureTales,

Actually the picture may make the detector look darker. When printed on my card stock it is not as detracting. But I will print a few and adjust as the masses tell me. I aim to please, you don,t want to piss off a potential detecting site owner.

Ed D.

Ed can I borrow your "finder of lost items"?

Thanks

Earl

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earl, Feel free to use it. After all I did not invent the English language, I just butcher it ocaisionally.

Ed D.

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I upgraded my card based on some very good looking biz cards.

Attachments

• Biz card 4.jpg
    Biz card 4.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3,203

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
maybe i need to get on the ball and get some cards made. I'm surprised that this many of you have them. i have a question though. have you used your business cards to successfully find new spots? do they seem to work?

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i had my business going "BeachFind" i printed all my own cards. But now with the Gov watching like it is, nada not gonna do it, ain`t gonna pass cards out with my info on them to no one.

I`m just a lonely old beach bum out there to enjoy myself, and ain`t finding a single dang thing.

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
hollowpointred said:
maybe i need to get on the ball and get some cards made. I'm surprised that this many of you have them. i have a question though. have you used your business cards to successfully find new spots? do they seem to work?

For the short time I have been MDing I have been asked a couple of times to help find a lost items. I would scribble their contact info on a piece of paper but they would not have mine, now they will. I do not expect to make a fortune just enough change for batteries, time and gas.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a Business & state from the Beginning
it's FREE

The cards just make it easier to give out my Number.
and let them know I have nothing to Hide.

BIGACK

Mar 6, 2007
Ramsey, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Ace 250
Hi, I am new to the forum, what a Great group.
Here's mine I used the Print Master Program to make it . Then I will print it out on Avery Business card #8376. after that I will put a laminating sheet over the top. It adds a lot to the card and will keep it clean .
Thanks Tim

Attachments

• scan001001.jpg
    scan001001.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 4,664
T

TreasureTales

BIGACK, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you join us. Your card is great. My business cards are made using PrintMaster, too. Then I print them on glossy card stock (10 cents/sheet) and cut them neatly with a paper cutter. Sure makes changing them easy, and they are cheap when I make them at home.

All the cards here are awesome. You guys are smart to have cards made for recovery services. Sure beats writing your name and number on a piece of notepaper all the time. LOL I did that for about 3 years before i finally got smart and made some cards up.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIGACK said:
Hi, I am new to the forum, what a Great group.
Here's mine I used the Print Master Program to make it . Then I will print it out on Avery Business card #8376. after that I will put a laminating sheet over the top. It adds a lot to the card and will keep it clean .
Thanks Tim

I like the "Reward" comment.

Incentive to contact you.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I've told insurance companies,for lost items,if found I'll take 10% of value,if not found,no charge.Don't know if this will work or not,haven't had a call yet.But they seemed pleased with the offer.

BIGACK

Mar 6, 2007
Ramsey, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Ace 250
My insurance agent like the card also, he called me up one day to see if I could find a diamond that had came out of a ring. told me it was worth about $16k. It was to bad I had to let him down, would of been fun to look for.
Also gave one to my barber, you never know??

T

TreasureTales

Something to consider: printing your street address on a card about locating lost items could get you a heap of trouble. You never know who is going to see that card. Let's face facts, cards get thrown away, tucked into a billfold, stuck under a desk blotter, and placed on the door of the refrigerator, etc. So any one of your cards could be seen by someone who you never wanted to see it. That person could decide that anybody with a recovery service might just have something worth taking. And then you will regret having your street address on the card. PO Boxes (or no address at all) would be much safer.

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
TreasureTales said:
Something to consider: printing your street address on a card about locating lost items could get you a heap of trouble. You never know who is going to see that card. Let's face facts, cards get thrown away, tucked into a billfold, stuck under a desk blotter, and placed on the door of the refrigerator, etc. So any one of your cards could be seen by someone who you never wanted to see it. That person could decide that anybody with a recovery service might just have something worth taking. And then you will regret having your street address on the card. PO Boxes (or no address at all) would be much safer.

That's right.....I think if you put your Street address on the card, it is asking for trouble. Maybe even undesirables wanting to come over. And showing up or driving by to scope you out. And maybe if you aren't there when they come by they might decied to visit without you being present.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Heres an idea my buddy came up with & Im gonna do.........gonna print the dectorists code of ethics on the back of the card. I'll edit as room allows.........

I WILL respect private property and WILL NOT trespass without the land owners permission.

I WILL NOT destroy property, buildings or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.

I WILL NOT litter, always pack out what I take in and remove all trash dug in my search.

I WILL leave all gates and other accesses to land as found.

I WILL appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife, and private property.

I WILL use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.

I WILL abide by all laws, ordinances or regulations that may govern my search, or the area I will be in.

I WILL fill all holes, regardless how remote the location, and never dig in a way that will damage, be damaging to, or kill any vegetation.

I WILL report the discovery of items of significant historical value to a local historian or museum in accordance with the latest legislation.

I WILL Be an ambassador for the metal detecting hobby. Be polite and informative to those who inquire about your hobby - you are the ambassador of a pastime we want to protect and we will be judged by how you act & respond.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread