The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out of work for quite a while. Fortunately I found work, but it definitely put the brake on detecting activities. The bug has been getting the better of me lately and I'm going to roll with it, but I kind of want to start over. I believe there is an opportunity after taking a break from detecting (or any other endeavor) to implement better habits and methods that have had time to mentally take root over time. Anyway, I wanted to document a brief decision tree to help objectify the process. Not that any of this isn't obvious to the experienced, and I probably left stuff out, but it could save me time by simply following a rigorous routine - sometimes I find myself futzing around and indecision is not a friend of the detectorist. I should note that all the investigative techniques are not always necessary; the decision to dig or abandon can be made whenever sufficient info is generated. If you find yourself hesitating to dig, just dig it ;-)

detecting-decision-tree.jpg

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just the end of the flow chart. You need to add on to the beginning where you do your research on the prospective site to determine age, use, access, permission (if needed), suitability of detector and desired targets, etc.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions