Almost threw it away.....

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Thanks goes out to Bill Ladd of Dig Fellas for helping me identify this item. I found it this morning in an old vacant lot downtown. I almost threw it away as junk, but decided to keep it and clean er up just to see. It's an old Coca-Cola ad printing plate as all the writing is backwards.... This is my coolest find.... Yesterday I nailed a 1941 Merc Dime..... So whats next? I love this hobby.....

image-2633792932.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
I didn't know what it was, i thought it was just a flat piece of metal, i decided to wash it off and voila

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good part of the appeal in this hobby. You just never know what you'll find. Nice one.
luvsdux

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the primary rules of detecting is that you don't throw ANYTHING away until you know 100% what it is.

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
That's a great find!! Makes me wonder if I've thrown anything good away. Great job that's a good display piece.
Go Hogs

GOD BLESS!!!

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Hey dale, "almost" isn't throwing it away.
So you did good man. Excellent find.
Glad you cleaned it up. :o)

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
That's a great find!! Makes me wonder if I've thrown anything good away. Great job that's a good display piece. Go Hogs GOD BLESS!!!

As in Arkansas? Pulling for ya'll this weekend.....but......it's going to be tough....
Geaux Tigers! ........

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coca Cola

Interesting. The photo is of a token I found a couple of years ago. The one I have is just to dark to photograph without cleaning it up, which I don't want to do. So the photo is from one just like it selling on ebay. It's from 1936, the 50th anniversary of Coca Cola. I did contact Coke's HQ to find out about it, and they denied they ever distributed a token. I checked with the local bottler, and he was right down rude! After a little research, I came up with the story behind it, but that fact didn't make it more valuable. Seems Coke gave away about 50 thousand of them!

cocacola.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread