found worm hole or vortex while detecting school yard.

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea I know it sounds weird, but I was detecting in an old school yard and got a signal by an old maple tree. I dug the hit and was kind of crouched down almost kneeling but not. I pulled out some sort of religious medallion and as my hand came up to about my knee cap ( 12 inches above the ground) the medallion slipped out of my fingers and fell straight down to the ground. At least that is what I thought happened. What really happened ( theory) is that the medallion fell through some sort of worm hole or vortex / crack in the space time continuum. Why do I think this happened you might ask. I looked for this medallion several times during the next few hours, I used the metal detector, scratched the grass with my fingers and could not find this little medallion. It dropped around 12 inches straight to the ground. it couldn't have bounced and it wasn't there. I finally gave up on finding it and decided to go home. I walked about 2 feet away where I had a sifter and a gold pan sitting on the ground ( yes I use my classifier and gold pan while digging ) and there under the gold pan was the medallion. BTW the gold pan and classifier had been there the whole time. The only other thing I can think of that may have happened is that a really stealthy squirrel snuck between my legs while I wasn't looking and stole the medallion and hid it under the gold pan and then sat in the tree laughing at me... But probably not.

True story.

Upvote 0

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavy stuff!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Wild eyed willey
I had a sifter and a gold pan sitting on the ground ( yes I use my classifier and gold pan while digging )
Great post....Happens that way sometime..I always also use a classifier on a 5 gallon bucket and a gold pan is always nearby...Art

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You think a politician would fit through that hole?

mntnflyr4fun

Jul 12, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Etrac with 6x8 SEF & ML 11" Pro coil, MXT PRO with D2 coil, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd start hunting somewhere else.....next thing ya know you'll be in a Rip Vanwinkle kinda moment......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allll righttttty then.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what you been smoking, but pass it around!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
puff puff pass!

Frankmacera87

Greenie
Oct 21, 2013
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe after 11 years in paranormal investigation, every inch of soil is haunted to one degree or another. Interesting experiance.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey did you happen to notice a particularly worn out extremely comfortable couch nearby ?? if so next time call out, Ford Prefect or Arthur Dent may be nearby, you may have experienced whats known as space time continuum, its kinda heavy stuff, I could go on for hours about it, its more difficult than explaining how to fly,...ever wanted to fly ? it's not that hard really I personally learned this thru my worn out copy of the hitchikers guide to the galaxy, a must have for any space traveler such as myself, any way on to the flying lesson.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Pick a nice day, [The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy] suggests, and try it.

The first part is easy. All it requires is simply the ability to throw yourself forward with all your weight, and the willingness not to mind that it's going to hurt.

That is, it's going to hurt if you fail to miss the ground. Most people fail to miss the ground, and if they are really trying properly, the likelihood is that they will fail to miss it fairly hard.

Clearly, it is the second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.

One problem is that you have to miss the ground accidentally. It's no good deliberately intending to miss the ground because you won't. You have to have your attention suddenly distracted by something else when you're halfway there, so that you are no longer thinking about falling, or about the ground, or about how much it's going to hurt if you fail to miss it.

It is notoriously difficult to prize your attention away from these three things during the split second you have at your disposal. Hence most people's failure, and their eventual disillusionment with this exhilarating and spectacular sport.

If, however, you are lucky enough to have your attention momentarily distracted at the crucial moment by, say, a gorgeous pair of legs (tentacles, pseudopodia, according to phyllum and/or personal inclination) or a bomb going off in your vicinty, or by suddenly spotting an extremely rare species of beetle crawling along a nearby twig, then in your astonishment you will miss the ground completely and remain bobbing just a few inches above it in what might seem to be a slightly foolish manner.

This is a moment for superb and delicate concentration. Bob and float, float and bob. Ignore all consideration of your own weight simply let yourself waft higher. Do not listen to what anybody says to you at this point because they are unlikely to say anything helpful. They are most likely to say something along the lines of "Good God, you can't possibly be flying!" It is vitally important not to believe them or they will suddenly be right.

Waft higher and higher. Try a few swoops, gentle ones at first, then drift above the treetops breathing regularly.

DO NOT WAVE AT ANYBODY.

When you have done this a few times you will find the moment of distraction rapidly easier and easier to achieve.

You will then learn all sorts of things about how to control your flight, your speed, your maneuverability, and the trick usually lies in not thinking too hard about whatever you want to do, but just allowing it to happen as if it were going to anyway.

You will also learn about how to land properly, which is something you will almost certainly screw up, and screw up badly, on your first attempt.

There are private clubs you can join which help you achieve the all-important moment of distraction. They hire people with surprising bodies or opinions to leap out from behind bushes and exhibit and/or explain them at the critical moments. Few genuine hitchhikers will be able to afford to join these clubs, but some may be able to get temporary employment at them.

You can get your own guidebook here :p
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Douglas Adams: 9780345391803: Amazon.com: Books

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Mike

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
Hey BC1969, I really hope you found that passage online and were able to copy and paste it here....that's a whole lot of typing. Lol. Very funny though .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread