Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other day the arm cuff on my buddies AT Pro broke off. Well the one side of it did anyway, and I was like how hard do you swing that thing? He fixed it with a 3" piece of PVC cut in half, and it works better than the factory and won't break again either.
Well yesterday we were out, and my 350 did the same damn thing. Now before anyone asks, no I don't use the strap, but still it shouldn't break. I have a pretty slow swing, and don't mistreat the thing. Anyone else have this happen? I'm sure Garrett would be happy to fix it, but I don't want the same crap piece of plastic back on, so i'll use the PVC pipe.

Upvote 0

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Same thing happened with my at pro also. First the right side broke then 3 weeks later the left. I superglued them an there still hanging in there 3 months later

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....... seems like an issue that happens often with the AT Pro in particular. Think we hear more about it as it is such an incredibly popular machine and many being used out there. Seems like I saw a post where Garrett had improved it on the latest ones. Bet they will hook ya up if you decide not to do the "build-your-own" thing as mentioned above. I am going to have to find me a back up again as I only have one machine right now. They are guaranteed to break right when you find a honey hole. ha ha.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
D

Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ForumRunner_20131020_094830.png

ForumRunner_20131020_094847.png

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Email or call garrett they will send u one. My buddys broke on his ace well outta warranty and they sent him a new one.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be willing to bet if you email garrett & supply them with the picture of the broken Item they would mail u a new,one either very cheap or free

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I will take a look at the cuff on my at pro and see if I'm having any issues with it!
Thanks for the heads up and pics Dasseldig!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've broken 2 or 3 on my ace 250, or 1 in 2 places, something like that...... garret sent me a new one(s).
You can also get an acrylic fill kit, and it will bond/fuse the 2 pieces back together, stronger than the original plastic.
I've had others tell me, they have used it on cracked excel battery cases, and other plastics.
I get mine for a few bucks at Wallyworld, it's in the cosmetic area, where the fake fingernail stuffs is at.

Acrylic Fill Kit | Kiss

OP
OP
D

Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fixed it with some PVC and some rivets, not gonna break now. I don't doubt that Garrett would send me a new piece, just don't want the same piece of crap.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told you guys that the AT Pro was cheaply made but nobody believed me. Garrett would be glad to send you a replacement. Tesoro has Stainless Steel arm rest cuffs. Maybe they will sell you one.

OP
OP
D

Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I better make a bunch of my PVC ones quick and start making a little $$. Place your orders now.. :thumbsup:

claytablet

Sep 6, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Sea Hunter Mark II, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My cuff broke a couple of weeks ago and I called Garret's Customer Service on Monday morning. Wednesday afternoon the mailman delivered a new one. Garret's Customer Service is incredable. I just bought a Sea Hunter Mark II not just because of the quality of their products, but their customer service. They stand behind their products, and in this day and age that's something to consider

sandy shoes

Jun 6, 2013
gloucester mass
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my arm cuff broke on my at pro and my ace 350 Garrett sent new ones out right away about 3 to 4 days free they do make alum after market arm cuffs for the pro about 30.00 bucks.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I get a laugh at all the banter about bashing brands. LOL. I have an AT Pro AND a Whites V3i. Garrett could make their detectors with aluminum control boxes and arm brackets but that light weight IS an advantage on long hunts to those who have them. Both have their niche and people who swear by their brand. Its entertaining to read the "discussions" though.

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine broke as well. garrett sent me a new one asap. send them a pic of it in your email. i still love my atp. been a workhorse detector. not sure why ppl hate it on it.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fixed it with some PVC and some rivets, not gonna break now. I don't doubt that Garrett would send me a new piece, just don't want the same piece of crap.

Y wouldn't u contact Garrett when so many people said they will Send u one.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have a Garrett so have no dog in the fight so to speak. However, after looking at the pictures, it appears to me that the using the strap would add some strength to the arm rests and that's probably the way the were designed to be used. I've tried straps and hate them so I'd probably be needing a new arm rest also.
luvdux

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im confused, someone help me out. All you guys machines are breaking? I didnt see that on the boom baby digger show? I think you guys are just bragging how tough you are, take it easy on your machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread