cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet....thank goodness! At the beach, the long handled scoop would get that honor.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes!..Never did that...I did have to pull out my digger on someone that was being a little weird toward me....Luckliy i just made myself look like a crazy white boy....he prompltly left

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Not my detector, but I once had a Doberman attack my sand scoop (not me). He was pretty angry and snarly towards it
but on a leash. The lady owner pulled him back, said he never acted that way before. Possibly someone else used a sand
scoop on him and he remembered.
Rich

jarhead0341

Oct 12, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Classic! Not sure what would be worse getting nipped or those gigantic wings beating the hell out of you. It's kinda BS the way they look all harmless swimming in the water. But when you get too close they turn into Dennis Rodman

Frankmacera87

Greenie
Oct 21, 2013
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swan once, just ran like the wind...I was 450 at the time so it looked funny...i was in maine once when I came close to a bear, didn't see it but smelled it, that musty smell. I never felt so nervous.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only time I've been attacked (so far) was one time when I was on my knees retrieving a target. All of a sudden something bounced into me on my blind side nearly hard enough to knock me over. Turned out to be a dog out for a run and he just wanted me to play so no harm, no foul.
luvsdux

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not as a sword but a crutch. I was detecting a wash and tried to get out. Foot slipped on boulder. Other able twisted and then broke as I slid down 8' on the boulder. So I crawled back up and out of the wash and hobbled the longest quarter mile. Took me 2 hours. Probably sweated out 10 pounds. Lol

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Had to use mine as a fly swatter on one very persistent red wasp. I wasn't wearing my hat that day, but still won the battle. :o)

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing is for sure:

There is absolutely no way to look cool fighting a goose.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not as a sword but had thoughts of using it as a bat. Was detecting at a play ground at dusk, by my self, and I see a guy walking across the play ground towards me with what looks like a shot gun held across his arms. I can't out run a bullet, so I'm thinking if he gets close enough I could nail him with it if I have no choice. I was a little miffed I may have to ruin my detector. Turns out they have trouble with drug dealers, and he was checking me out. Whew! Never been back there! Never told anyone for a while either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread