6000di s3 help

Shallow Gravy

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2013
Western PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre,Time Ranger, Pro Pointer, Pro Pointer AT, Bullseye II, Vibra Probe, Lesche, homemade digging tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my issue. I have an old Coinmaster 6000di s3 that I am very fond of because it still works great, I have a ton of coils for it, it discriminates like a champ, and it's built like a tank. It also weighs a ton, and if I swing it for an hour my elbow starts to throb and I stop having fun. Even with a sling to help support it, I don't like swinging it for very long. I'd like to convert it to a hip mount or a strap mount. I've contacted Whites to see if they have any old stock they'd be willing to part with, but I thought maybe someone here has any ideas.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you need a better sling. When mine is adjusted correctly, it takes all the weight off my arm.

OP
OP
Shallow Gravy

Shallow Gravy

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2013
Western PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre,Time Ranger, Pro Pointer, Pro Pointer AT, Bullseye II, Vibra Probe, Lesche, homemade digging tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sling do you recommend?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one on my equipment list....the Detecting Buddy. There are others that might work just as well if not better but at $20. I figured I'd give it a try. So far, I'm happy with it, although, the actual bungee they give you with the sling will probably only last you a few months but you can replace it with a regular one easily. The Swingy Thingy and the new Minelab harness work well too but are more money.

Spectre

Sep 13, 2013
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
White's 5900Di Pro SL
White's 6000Di S3 (Modified)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll solve your problem right now. I had that very same detector given to me that someone had found at a garage sale for $20. It works perfectly but it was missing the lower half of the rod assembly, so it sat in my closet for 5 years.

It hit me about 6-7 months ago that I could probably easily replace the lower rod from White's and it occured to me...hey, I'll turn it into a hipmount or something because they are quite heavy. What I ended up doing was even better. I ended up needing to buy 3 pieces from White's that basically converted it into a hipmount, only better imo.

What I ended up doing was buying the 5' cord extension, the space saver rod (newer style black S rod), and the universal coil adapter kit for fitting the older style coils to the newer style rods. I also bought a $20 messenger bag from target that the control box fits into perfectly. With the 8'' coil, I can swing it for hours and hours, the 10'' coil of course is a little more heavy, but still light by comparison.

The only downside is having to slide the bag off my shoulder everytime I find a target I want to dig, but it's the tradeoff for reducing the swing weight by 90%. I was really quite pleased with how it turned out, and the total price for those parts from White's was $80 or so.

I can probably find a link to that bag on target's website to if you want to go that route, it has an adjustable shoulder strap, comes in olive green, and has about 6 different pockets. Very comfortable and allows you to operate the trigger and check the meter quite easily.

Bag -> http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-sup...r-bag-green/-/A-14557692#prodSlot=large_10_16

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread