cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I said that the instructions were incomplete is, there was no mention of the composition of the electrolite or how distance from anode to cathode can effect the reaction. Also, the various dangers involved. I know some things should be obvious, but not everyone knows these things.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all on the same internet ...actually most of it is on t-net.
It just takes a little do it yourself research that is always better than one persons way of doing things anyway.
I suggested electrolysis ... I even suggested a cell phone charger...then I explained how to prepare it..
.. take it from there.
I think that was more than enough on my part.
Like I said...I wasn't going to do it for him...he's a grown man...he already did it.

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
Thanks for the info GatorBoy. Didn't mean to cause any problems. Sorry everybody. HH

GOD BLESS!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all on the same internet ...actually most of it is on t-net.
It just takes a little do it yourself research that is always better than one persons way of doing things anyway.
I suggested electrolysis ... I even suggested a cell phone charger...then I explained how to prepare it..
.. take it from there.
I think that was more than enough on my part.
Like I said...I wasn't going to do it for him...he's a grown man...he already did it.
In an ideal world, I would agree. It just seems that whenever I presume intelligence in a listener, one of us gets into trouble! :laughing7:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck.. if he blows something up I won't feel it... :-)
Seriously though .. a crusty penny was a perfect scenario to practice.
Had it been something else I may have advised against learning with it.
I kinda went by his forum name and figured he had some mechanical ability.

Last edited:

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the oldest Wheatie I've found: 1917. 262668_537178119627415_960852461_n.jpg

Aug 10, 2013
Warren NJ
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound very experienced in this. Is there a video you have done or maybe another that could teach the process to some newbies?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dale said it best.
Other than having someone there with you to show you..watching it done is way better than reading it.
I've just been recovering and conserving Shipwreck artifacts from salt water and other old colonial items for a long while.
I've had the good fortune to see some of the best at work.

Aug 10, 2013
Warren NJ
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured as much but thanks...just thought you guys had a reliable video to recommend. easy to turn a object into a slug of useless metal from what I heard too. maybe too high voltage application...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always .....ALWAYS... practice on an item that does not have large importance... and use the lowest amperage you can to get an effect. A light "smoke" look coming from the artifact is usually what works best for me.
Practice on different types of junk metal even..some metals cook much quicker than others.
Don't do anything important until you feel comfortable with your ability... it really is worth taking the time to get good at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Light smoke exactly... I used my 6v/ 12v battery charger, its 1 amp and i set it on 6v, worked perfect.... 1-2 minutes then rub with moist baking soda

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread