Upvote 0

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never been up north there, but I'm sure its similar to downtown Chicago. Well its going to be Collldddd! The winds will whip up off the lake, wear lots of layers, and watch out for rogue waves that could take you by surprise and wet your feet/legs. That would be a long walk back with wet feet. The sand should be pretty easy to dig in with a scoop. I use a 150, never found gold, but have found lots of change. Might be pretty hunted out with not a lot of people going to the beaches recently, but you never know what the lake will spit out. If anything its a good excuse to get away from the family for a break for a few hours. : )

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry henry, I own a Garrett Ace 250 and found no gold either. But I don't plan on giving up easy. Wishing you and everyone best of luck!8-)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always a possibility of finding something though I'm glad to see you've already been told to prepare for cold weather, wind and waves. You might also ask around about any problems with the locals including the police should you go out cleaning up trash at the beach. Last time I was in Lake Michigan was in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, the beach was nothing but rocks though nothing larger than 3" across, they were all well polished and the water itself in Summer was quite lacking any warmth! Have fun!!...........................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread