Luck of the Irish

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out metal detecting at a small playground and a mother and her children came by. I let them be and continued hunting. After finding a thumb depressor to a lighter, I told her what the object was and she then told me a story that a few years ago, a person lost her diamond ring. When I heard those two words I said "I'm going to take a look." After going to the spot where she said the person lost it, I started detecting. After tons of foil and a few clad I got a good signal and dug about two inches. Out popped this...

IMG_1863.JPG

A claddagh (Yes it is spelled that way) Ring!:hello2: Excited filled me from head to toe. The only problem is 1. it broke and 2. I do not know what metal it is because there is no mark. :dontknow: But I had a lot of fun. I did not find the diamond ring that I was searching for, but this is just as good.

Upvote 0

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! Any rings you find with our machines are a treasure.
The gold ring I found almost made my heard stop, it looked initially like another aluminum booze top. I saw the 14k, but after cleaning saw it said 14k GE. After 5 seconds of research: 14K GOLD ELECTROPLATED! UGH! I figured it was 1000 holes and real gold, but nada. It completely deflated me. But as long as I see you guys with the lower end Garretts finding stuff I'll keep hunting as well!
Congrats and Keep Hunting!

R.B.

Oct 27, 2013
Princeton, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Platinum Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it might be a promise ring guys would give their girlfriend. The cheaper ones were not always made of precious metals. Still a good find. Good luck if you decide to search for the lost diamond ring. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread