D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an ATP and love it I also have an Ace 250 and my grandson hunts with me a lot and sometimes his dad goes as well. It's no fun with two detectors and three people. So i am thinking an easy way for me to upgrade is buy one more and then I will have three detectors when all three of us go out there will be one for each of us...

I am wondering what a good step up from the ATP would be. I had no interest in upgrading until now so I haven't done any research. I don't want to go to the $2000 range but wondering what a good all around detector would be in the $1000 - $1500 range. I have detected with guys that have and e-trac and yes they do better than the ATP however I have never detected with anyone that had something else.

I know most guys are brand loyal and I think that is great but some of you have multiple detectors of different brands. I am wondering what would be the go to detector if a guy had like four different ones. I know they all have pluses and minuses but for example if an ATP is in the top 3 of midrange detectors what detectors would be in the top three of the next level of detectors.

I am not concerned to much about depth because my ATP will signal targets in 8" range frequently and the 10" on occasion. I am more concerned about accurate target ID.

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u can afford a deus xp, a v3i or an etrac u got a seriously hard decisión to make all 3 are very good machines & have at least 1 up on the other good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions