Detecting under bleachers

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the bleachers are wood try everywhere within there. If it is metal, try to turn the sensitivity down. Also if you have a pin pointer, which I see you do, scan the surface when possible. I have done this before and found clad and a toy car. GL & HH.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a small sef coil & am able to her pretty much tight up to them with enough adjusted audio I can hear what the bleachers are coming in at & a target

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol the aluminum ones are a pain. Also their hard to get under. But I still hunt them. Never found much. You get alot of false signals from the metal. Good luck doesn't hurt to try.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Under metal bleachers it seems to me it isn't worth the looking from my experience. Seems anything dropped under any bleachers stays right on top as the bleachers protect anything dropped from the weather and usually no grass grows enough to hide items till a metal detectorist hits them. I can find treasure just about anywhere except under bleachers made of any material so I just don't waste my time.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like some of the others have said if it isn't on top it unlikely you will find anything. I usually scan under if I can but rarely get a hit no matter if they are metal or wood. I usually find some on the ends and in the front or rear of bleachers.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I've done very good under bleachers. Assuming they are slat seating with ample space for coins to drop through. And assuming the under-belly is terra-firma (as opposed to concrete or something). Go figure that all those soda drinking fans will be dropping their tabs and foil-wrapers though though as well. So I've only ever gone for the silver , and not tried to "be a hero" to get nickels too.

There was a rodeo grandstands bleachers in my city, that could seat multiple thousands of people (humonguous, I think amongst the 4th or 5th largest rodeo in the world). It was built starting in the 1920s. Over the years, we'd weasel our way through wide spots in the slats, and get underneath. It was just hard-pan below, where they would just rake up all the papers and cans and such after each event. I could normally get a few silvers, and a handful of wheaties, and the obligatory clad each time, by using a micro-coil and high disc. However, in the mid 1990s, they tore these grandstands down, in order to build a new grandstands. When they got down to where they were using tractors to remove the old foundations and trusses, it was christmas-come-early during the demolition phase. As the tractors disturbed the soil, we went in and found scores more silver, and even an 1899 $5 gold :)

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Take a leaf rake and clean first. Ive had good results in past years with this method.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread