kavehnj

Greenie
Nov 1, 2013
Brant County, SW Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just ordered me a BH Tracker IV last night and it will be my first MD. I know it's a basic MD, but I'm not really in a position to spend any more at the moment.
Alas, I woke up this morning and it was below freezing. I hope it gets here soon so that I get a few opportunities to go out and 'play' before the ground gets too hard.
I already have a few spots staked out.
- War of 1812 site
- Mom's property, house is from the 1850's with some local historical significance
- Obligatory local parks
- etc.
I hope to show off my newfound swag soon.
BTW, when reading through other threads this seems to be a very supportive online community and am happy to have joined and hopefully one day contribute to.

Upvote 0

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! I'm also new, still waiting on my machine to arrive. I've read so much helpful material on this site already! Anticipation is killing me though!! lol enjoy, and show some pics on things you've found after you get your MD hopefully you find some nice relics on your locations, those would be awesome to see!

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your BH Tracker IV. That's not a bad detector. It is not feature-packed, but, it works and finds targets at eight inches. My son used to use one before he went in the army. He had a blast with it... he found stuff... I dug stuff... he kept me busy. :)

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive been using the tracker iv all year and have been amazed at what it will find! Welcome

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
Welcome to the site and hobby! My sons both learned on and use tracker iv's , the both have a blast with them. It is a good machine .

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a new QuickDraw II and it will arrive tomorrow according to the schedule.

OP
OP
kavehnj

kavehnj

Greenie
Nov 1, 2013
Brant County, SW Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome GB, MM, MTJ, d1971.

I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas morning to open that killer present he already knows his parents got him.

Shipping to Canada always takes a little longer due to customs etc which just prolongs the agony. Next time I may just pony up the extra $ and order from a Cdn supplier.

I think my MD'ing outings will offer a nice peaceful alternative to the rat-race of everyday life.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Certain folks around here will probably bash your choice of MD but ignore them! The tracker will get you started fine, and let you have a great time and get a handle on the basics!

Welcome to the hobby, you're gonna have a blast!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread