First gold find (I believe)

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I meant to show this when I found the claddagh ring, but I was too excited about the ring I forgot I found another piece of jewelry as well. I found this at the end of my hunt...

IMG_1898.JPG

An endless knot charm. I read a mark that said Alex & Ani on it. Looked it up and turned out to be Russian gold. Looked that up on Wikipedia and rose gold (as it is now known as) is 75% gold, 25% copper. By the way, the background in the picture is a book by Charles Garrett. Hope everyone is doing great with their hunts.

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks the right color to be gold. Should be marked, but sometimes they can be hard to see in tiny pieces. A gold test kit is handy to have. Because even marked jewelry can be wrong, I test every gold or suspected gold piece I find.

OP
OP
krymesolvr93

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off, SusanMN I like your profile picture! :icon_thumleft: Second, I thought originally it was plated till I put it at the tip of my finger and tried to judge the weight. Had some weight. As to how much gold exactly, you're right. Need to get myself a gold test kit. Thanks for replying. GL & HH. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread