Trying to find the right detector for me.

Damian77

Nov 7, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am new to metal detecting but I've wanted to do it for years now.. I absolutely love to find old items that have meaning. Also I would enjoy making some money metal detecting by finding gold silver jewelry etc. I live in Knoxville, TN. I plan to use it in the woods under my porch the house was built in the early 60s and I just know there's something under there! Also near lakes.. old abandoned houses.. places of these sorts. My budget is $220.. I've read that the Garrett ACE 250 Metal Detector is a good one but I'm just not sure if it's the one for me or not. Any suggestions? Thank you so much and I am glad to be a part of the forum. This is going to be fun! :headbang:

Also, I would love to find old coins.

Upvote 0

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco has the F2 package with some (cheap) tools that will help you get started. The long bag is actually pretty good. The pin-pointer is okay, but, it is not a Garrett. It will get you started. The digger is good for sand and has holes to drain of water, but, it is handheld, not a dipping scoop. The cheap-o knife is worthless. Toss it. The magnifier is okay, not great, but, I have a lupe anyway. The bag is okay, too. I can put the detector in it without breaking it down. The treasure hunter CD is a pip. Lots of stuff in it-- most have been hunted for years. There are a few from my state I had not seen before. By the way... I paid $217 and the package left Florida on Monday, arrived at my home Wednesday. NOW THAT'S SERVICE!

Thanks Kellyco.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread