Strange eBay situation - Explorer XS - thoughts welcome

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
[THERE IS PROBABLY NO POINT IN REPLYING TO THIS ANY LONGER (unless you've read the whole thread and have something new to say). Thx.

Okay, so I'm perusing eBay today, looking for Explorers (normally out of my price range) and I see this XS Explorer listed for $300 w/ no bids. Looking closely at the description, the seller says he doesn't want any bids but to contact him through his email address. This sounds like a scam but--after a bit of back and forth, he's offering to sell it to me for that price going through the eBay invoice system. Granted something feels wrong but, if it isn't, are there any issues doing a charge-back on a credit card if it falls through? i.e., to my thinking, it's worth the risk it if I can use the credit card charge-back as a fall back. If not, then I have no protection and I have to let the possibly legitimate opportunity go. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. There are to many legitimate deals to fall for a IFFY deal. Don't even look back on this one and run away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions