If yoyr done for the year dont forget to.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the snow is falling and it's getting cold. With the snow it'll keep the ground soft but come late December it'll freeze :(. So the only things I could think of for winterizing your stuff is this

Remove the batteries, and clean and oil your tools. Especially if your a salt water hunter.

Start asking permission for next year.

Good luck everyone and great finds next year!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, almost time to pull the batteries. Ground still isn't frozen so I'm hoping for one more good hunting day, but who knows if well get it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No no I wont do it I just cant its like pulling the life support of a friend cant

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first got the first detector back in March, the ground was still frozen in the shade. That didn't stop me!

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's back to being warm here but raining now! Dang can't seem to get out, next week it'll freeze. That's ohio for you lol. But it's hard to dig ohio frozen ground, thawing ground is different it's pliable. We have clay or granular dirt with rocks in it around me so once she freezes were done, well unless we get a quick long snow to keep the ground warm.

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate california, always have. But I'm starting to love it since it allows me to go digging year round in my parts of the woods. We hit the low 30's for a short time otherwise it's 40 or higher in the winter. So I guess Cali isn't so bad after all. HH everyone!

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: Thanks for the post season tips as they are well advised. :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

I envy those who can detect all year long weather permitting. I won't :BangHead: say " die " quite yet but it is coming soon I am afraid. Metal detecting isn't much of an aerobic sport/hobby so standing almost with not much movement when temps are in even the +40s can be really cold. When younger ( and so were our kids ) we had all sorts of outdoor winter activities to pass the winter months like riding our snow machine, downhill skiing, X-country skiing and some ice skating but now it is just a long dreary 5 months of winter waiting till I can get out and enjoy metal detecting again. :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :hello:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I was close, I'd come over and play checkers with you!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread