Season end coming quick

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gerryk, this will be my first winter not being able to hunt, lol. I am trying to forget about it till the day comes. I just hope I don't drive the gf crazy with the pacing, cleaning of the equipment and looking out the window to see if the ground looks thawed yet, lol. I wonder how much jack hammers are going for these days? Maybe if I made the good lil boy list, Santa will bring me one.:laughing7:

I was thinking of getting some wood and sand a making a big old sandbox in the basement as a test garden. Hmmm, i wonder if my wife would find it and just shake her head or if i would be sharing space with he dogs.

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it figures weatherman says it's going to get to 65 this weekend Saturday mid 50's Sunday 65 and rain... but my bride has better plans than to detect!!!! I'm thinking if I don't celebrate her birthday with her I would have to make room in the dog house for me and my dog!!!
going to really try to sneak out Saturday for a hour or two. (digging in my finds bag looking to enhance the present I already bought her!!!)

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its going to get a lot colder if you forget that birthday!!
it figures weatherman says it's going to get to 65 this weekend Saturday mid 50's Sunday 65 and rain... but my bride has better plans than to detect!!!! I'm thinking if I don't celebrate her birthday with her I would have to make room in the dog house for me and my dog!!!
going to really try to sneak out Saturday for a hour or two. (digging in my finds bag looking to enhance the present I already bought her!!!)

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had a few days of below freezing now in the Chicago area. Most lakes have at lease a skim coat of ice others have more and the ground is frozen. I may try and dig Friday to see how deep the frost is. Its that time of year again to live through thhe posts of those in warmer climates.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hitting the sand (beach) this weekend. Best chance to dig late in the season and early Spring, when the sod is froze. I am sure it will be cold (40) and windy, but ........................I got to go!! I live 5 Miles from 3 Lake Huron beaches, no excuse not to, cuz I'll wish I did next Month!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
& If its really hard to dig u do have that shiny new took lol

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And a sheath to carry it! That thing is tough! thanks for the connection, Buzz is awesome
& If its really hard to dig u do have that shiny new took lol

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem happy holidays everyone

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is why they make insulated clothes, people! Come on, you really gonna let a little cold weather spoil your fun? I was out yesterday morning, nose running, wishing I had thought to wear the warmer gloves, lol. Can you tell I am addicted?:coffee2:

Old Dude, I love that graphic at the bottom of your posts. I am a firm believer in that principle.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Mickey. We really can't take it with us, so we may as well enjoy our life. I think growing up in the South taught me some great life lessons. Money is not the greatest treasure we have!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season is just starting here. During summer the ground is so hard a 6" hole is a commitment. We've had 2" of rain so things are just getting soft enough to dig.

enjoy-

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Season is just starting here. During summer the ground is so hard a 6" hole is a commitment. We've had 2" of rain so things are just getting soft enough to dig.

enjoy-

Please post your finds so we here in the northeast can be jealous of you getting to hunt, lol. Hope you get some great finds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this isn't the best way make friends, but the coldest I have every seen where I live is about 73 degrees. Every day is in the upper 80's and 90's. I have skipped days because it was too hot. Beaches year round here in Guam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
Great thing about Arkansas is the winter is better for hunting. If it snows it melts in a day or two. The ground only freezes at night if that and we get lots of rain. So it's open season all winter.
:-) !!

GOD BLESS !!!!

carcusrex

Jan 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Utah you can hunt but once the snow really starts to cover the ground then your dune until late March but the ground can still be frozen solid. I once went out afte winter and the ground was clear of snow but I could not get to my target. I used a rock hammer to dig a hole for about 30min until i gave up with melted bud on my face. I came back in about 3 week to find that darn target, which was a rivet. Would be nice to say forget this snow, I am going to Florida to detect. That or have Superman use his heat vision to warm up the ground.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it's been pretty cold in S. Il down by St Louis this week. Anywhere from the high 20's to the high 30's but with the wind it can be darn cold. I am hoping to go out tomorrow because it is supposed to reach 50 degrees. I have found $89 for the month of November and was hoping for $100 if i am lucky maybe that will happen tomorrow

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still trying to get in a couple more hunts here as well normsel. Going to warm up, but the ground is froze........................headed to the beach, for that soft sand, a couple more times, good luck to you
it's been pretty cold in S. Il down by St Louis this week. Anywhere from the high 20's to the high 30's but with the wind it can be darn cold. I am hoping to go out tomorrow because it is supposed to reach 50 degrees. I have found $89 for the month of November and was hoping for $100 if i am lucky maybe that will happen tomorrow

Okie Treasure

Nov 24, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of getting some wood and sand a making a big old sandbox in the basement as a test garden. Hmmm, i wonder if my wife would find it and just shake her head or if i would be sharing space with he dogs.

If you have a cat you might find "other" treasures....hehehe :laughing7:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 69 and when i was younger i worked in const until I went into management. I believe it was in 1977 I was outside welding a gas line and it was 23 below zero and the wind chill was at 45 below zero. It was cold as heck that day and i finished the gas line so we could have heat in the building the next day. I worked in a lot of brutal weather when i was young but I don't have to now. I have plenty of warm clothes but I like to be comfy when I am out detecting. So if it's to cold to be comfy in a carhart jacket and jeans I am staying in and will put up with the wife on days like that. So good luck to all you tough guys and those of you that have limited time schedules to detect. I will just stay and be a fair weather detector. I even camped out in just a sleeping bag one night in 2010 and it was 2 below zero but I did that because my grandson wanted to. In the morning our food got cold before we could eat it but had fun that weekend anyway. Squirrel on a stick is good until it gets to darn cold to eat it

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 69 and when i was younger i worked in const until I went into management. I believe it was in 1977 I was outside welding a gas line and it was 23 below zero and the wind chill was at 45 below zero. It was cold as heck that day and i finished the gas line so we could have heat in the building the next day. I worked in a lot of brutal weather when i was young but I don't have to now. I have plenty of warm clothes but I like to be comfy when I am out detecting. So if it's to cold to be comfy in a carhart jacket and jeans I am staying in and will put up with the wife on days like that. So good luck to all you tough guys and those of you that have limited time schedules to detect. I will just stay and be a fair weather detector. I even camped out in just a sleeping bag one night in 2010 and it was 2 below zero but I did that because my grandson wanted to. In the morning our food got cold before we could eat it but had fun that weekend anyway. Squirrel on a stick is good until it gets to darn cold to eat it
Norm, I turn 49 in a month and cold never used to bother me. I am a firemen and remember days so cold that the regulator on my air pack would freeze up and by the the I got back to the station my turn out gear had so much ice on it that I was unable to remove it until it thawed out. The cold doesn't really bother me, it only slows me down a little. My biggest problems is the ground being frozen and the pain from injuries when the weather changes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread