Season end coming quick

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ester day afternoon he temps started to fall as the rain came in, then it changed to snow and started to stick on the ground. We got our first measurable snowfall of the season in the Chicago area and 14 hours later its still here and only 24 degrees outside. I am not ready for winter yet.

Upvote 0

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got one for my 18" mini-Samson, very well made, I see one for my Lesche/Pro Pointer in the spring!! Very happy!
I got a sheath from Buzz last year for my lesche. Great product, The bomb!

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter has set in early around here (Chicago area). Yesterday it did get above freezing but the ground is frozen and most inland bodies of water excluding flowing water has frozen over. The ice isn't solid enough to walk on but is frozen over.

Time to start cleaning equipment, taking batteries out and making our Christmas list and wish list for next season. Then start researching for next year.

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I took the batteries out of my detectors, pinpointers and headphones and out it all on the shelf in the basement. I have a few more things to out away then will bring one out at a time to give it a thorough cleaning before its completely tucked away for the winter. Winter seems to have arrived earlier in Chicago this year. Time for research and dreaming of warm weather and beach hunting.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still on the warm side of the front (54degrees) this morning, but falling through out the day. I think today is the last chance for me this year, so I'm going. Going to be in the 20's tomarrow, and for a while......................I hate winter!!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well see our civil war relic hunting season is just getting started here in Sunny Southern Tennessee. We have been waiting for the yellow jackets , ticks and snakes to go to sleep. Not everyday is nice but we have many days in the mid 40's to mid 50's. You guys just need a change in Longitude.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow is due here tomorrow, then it goes into the deep freeze, ugh! When the snow falls my mood plummets.... grouch time!

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone decides to come out to Guam where it's 85 throughout the year, let me know. You guys can all help me clean pull tabs off the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mobility hunt 063.JPG mobility hunt 064.JPG

OPPS! Spoke too soon. First pic is at 2000 feet in California's Mother Lode.
We had to chain up our RV last night coming home and didn't make it all the way.
2nd pic is at 3000'.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even in S. IL it's to cold to hunt and with the temp being in the 20's the last 4 -5 days the ground is getting frozen. I tried hunting last winter in frozen ground and it wasn't fun. Just to darn hard to get past the 1st inch or 2 of frost. I don't mind the cold because i can dress for it but I hate wearing myself out trying to dig plugs in frozen ground

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions