RESEARCH PAYS OFF!!!

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
:headbang: WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! After a few minutes of research and a 20 minute phone call, I just got permission to search a late 1800's property on about half an acre. All she asked is if I let her know what I found!!!!!
I have to work the next 6 nights so unless I rob myself of sleep, I won't be able to hit it until next week!!! Ok, so you guys that hit these old properties do you coin shoot first or dig it all with no discrimination?
This was the first person I confronted about getting permission. She was very interested, although she started talking about the house being remodeled on the inside.....she initially thought I wanted to search within the walls of the house lol , I had to explain to her that I only wanted to search the property around the house,lol. WOW I AM SOOOOO PUMPED UP!!!!! I will definetly post when I go and the finds.....hopefully more treasure than trash

as BILL LADD and HOWARD HEWITT would say YEEEEEEAAAAAHH!!!

Upvote 0

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please update us here!! Good luck

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allot depends on condition of the property & amount of signals and time allotted.

If after the first 10 to 15 minutes your digging trash everywhere, Up your disc & cherry pic
till yo run out of signals, then back down a notch or 2 & do it again.

If signals are few & far between, lower your disc to just above iron nail if not there already.

also if the grass is immaculate you may want to do some cherry picking for that reason alone,
in order to not appear to be digging up the place :tongue3:

if you are not being followed closely,
and unless you are able to extract targets without digging,

always dig with your back to the home,
The less plugs they see dug the better, Even if you are being careful.

Just some things I try to follow.

OH & Congrats of getting the permission & Good Huntin' :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
allot depends on condition of the property & amount of signals and time allotted. If after the first 10 to 15 minutes your digging trash everywhere, Up your disc & cherry pic till yo run out of signals, then back down a notch or 2 & do it again. If signals are few & far between, lower your disc to just above iron nail if not there already. also if the grass is immaculate you may want to do some cherry picking for that reason alone, in order to not appear to be digging up the place :tongue3: if you are not being followed closely, and unless you are able to extract targets without digging, always dig with your back to the home, The less plugs they see dug the better, Even if you are being careful. Just some things I try to follow. OH & Congrats of getting the permission & Good Huntin' :icon_thumright:

There is a lot of info there that I would never think of!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and if you find the lost dutchman's mine DO NOT yell boom baby!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread