how to use library to find sites?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most have old newspapers of whats happened in town or close to, also maps of the town & each time its updated new ones came about some have old tax récords but ull find more If thst at ur local town Hall land récords I myself choose the town Hall

OP
OP
B

bluedragon2k9

Greenie
Oct 30, 2013
ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i go to the town hall and ask for what exactly old maps or tax records ?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya thats what I do i mean i do know the tax assesor my neighbor for over 15 years but ya go in look for where Ud pay taxes & ask for old maps of the town they can tell you who owns them the boundaries can be really helpful. I think I got the 1 up so If I were you id start in the tax clerks Office ask ur questions there to start

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
also take a look at the sanborn insurance maps...

JoeDiggs

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2013
West Central,Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, At pro , ,Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the library the genealogy section generally has old plat maps that show where the old school houses and churches where. Take a few minutes to learn how to read the plats and there is a ton of info on them, such as schools ,parks, churches that no longer exist

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread